BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my buddy that owns a wrecking yard has this sitting there he’s offered me a really good deal. Very straight all original pickup. I was considering for a minute. I just don’t want Bowtie guys to compliment me lol
View attachment 143456
Really, short bed single wheel would be BA

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’d take a Chevy body from that era but drivetrain would be gone in favor of something heavier and a 5.9 for simplicity.

GMs customer service is my major beef with them.
Remember the Ford UNI body pick up back in the late 60'S? Think they only produced them a couple years. The bed and cab were one piece.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ah, taking those 42 back for service. I got ya. ;)
That's the innovative part of fomoco. When they need serviced or recalled and have more than will fit on a tractor trailer they use a train car ;)

Reactions: Tigermark
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really, short bed single wheel would be BA

That truck the way it is with manual Cummins would be worth a ton. Every 12v I sold was bought from someone that had a newer Ford or Chev diesel they had problems with. Most didn’t even like Dodge. A pretty Chev done up right with all manual and Cummins would go quickly. Even though I’d like it minus duals I’d probably just have to sell.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remember the Ford UNI body pick up back in the late 60'S? Think they only produced them a couple years. The bed and cab were one piece.
This seems like a mighty dumb idea for back when pickups got used! Might would fly now though! Maybe they will try it again, maybe look something like the gay ridgeline

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That truck the way it is with manual Cummins would be worth a ton. Every 12v I sold was bought from someone that had a newer Ford or Chev diesel they had problems with. Most didn’t even like Dodge. A pretty Chev done up right with all manual and Cummins would go quickly. Even though I’d like it minus duals I’d probably just have to sell.
So buy it, Cummins it ,short bed it, single wheel and sell for Talon money !

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me or Glock probably end up buying it

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Good plan except for the manual part:rolleyes:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So buy it, Cummins it ,short bed it, single wheel and sell for Talon money !

I did toy with the idea as my friend also has a 12v. Could probably get both for a paint job but I just don’t want any more projects any time soon

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a local guy who I had to ask about his emblem. Prob in his 60's long hair & beard hauls a German shepherd in the bed that hangs its head out of the camper shell window. Anyway said he always been a Chevy guy and bought one in 80's that was a lemon and Chevy wouldnt honor the warranty or something and he hasn't bought one since. I admire his sincerity, but in the grand scheme of things GM doesnt give a sh!t, neither does ford or fiat or any big company when your just one person. Most people just care waaay to much about there own opinion, or have the illusion that other people care what they think. That's why crap like facespace exists

IMG950388

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok new allison auto

Allison is electronic. Why kill a fully mechanical truck with something that needs a computer and a ton of electronics? I know I think different then some but that’s my thought

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2nd one

I have a 72’ F100 reg cab long bed sport custom built C6 with a 460 bored 90 over motor rebuilt for 4th time at 1.2 Million miles, that’s been completely rebuilt frame up but dad is driving it.

I was trying to pick up a 74’ F-250 crew long bed to rebuild and got screwed out of it a couple weeks ago. I’m still looking, going to drop a 5.9 and a manual or a good solid mechanical auto into it. EASY to work on no electronics outside of a few luxuries. LED headlights to replace the sealed beams things like that. Don’t need a 20k lb tow rig anymore as long as I can tow about 10k reliably a few times a year I’ll be good.

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 72’ F100 reg cab long bed sport custom built C6 with a 460 bored 90 over motor rebuilt for 4th time at 1.2 Million miles, that’s been completely rebuilt frame up but dad is driving it.

I was trying to pick up a 74’ F-250 crew long bed to rebuild and got screwed out of it a couple weeks ago. I’m still looking, going to drop a 5.9 and a manual or a good solid mechanical auto into it. EASY to work on no electronics outside of a few luxuries. LED headlights to replace the sealed beams things like that. Don’t need a 20k lb tow rig anymore as long as I can tow about 10k reliably a few times a year I’ll be good.
That would be awesome

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!