BOX1

WV street legal SXS

Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
SXS’s are legal to ride in the roads in WV. I need to check and see what all is required to do this.

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are you planning to ride the Hatfield McCoy trails there ? We've been there several times and all we had was a helmet and used seat belts, no problem on any of the city streets with the cops.

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think bare minimum you have to have signals, mirrors and horn and insurance. There are some towns that require you to buy their permit (sticker) unless you have it titled as a highway vehicle with a plate.

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Poo, just realized this was an older thread you probly already found out. Let me know if I’m missing anything might help someone else down the road

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
SXS’s are legal to ride in the roads in WV. I need to check and see what all is required to do this.

My Pioneer has been licensed in WV since the law was passed.

I had to have three rearview mirrors - left, right, and inside.

Turn signals and flashers.

Horn.

Standard OEM headlamps, taillamps, and reflectors.

License plate lamp.

Proof of liability insurance.

State vehicle inspection sticker.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
been there every year for the last 5 years, from PA, we have insurance and a PA DCNR plate, thats it - I don't have turn signals, side mirrors, just a rear view.

cops wave back at us - we ride near Ashland resort - and yes we have run the state roads back 30 miles at times when we were running out of time to get back in day lite

we rode further south one year and dropped into Kentucky for lunch - same deal

we just ride sensible, no goofing off, no tunes blasting, go with the flow of traffic, stop at red lites\stop signs, put my arm out to indicate a turn

right\wrong or indifferent - just my experience - please educate yourself......

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Poo, just realized this was an older thread you probly already found out. Let me know if I’m missing anything might help someone else down the road
Good catch! 👍🏻
If your asking the OP if he already found out?
He hasn't been on since 22’
But it sure is nice when folks finish their threads they start for the next person like you said.

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, it helps when you’re searching to find out if someone else might have an answer to the same question you have. I wasn’t looking for it I stumbled on the thread on the similar threads feature.

Reactions: JenElio
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
been there every year for the last 5 years, from PA, we have insurance and a PA DCNR plate, thats it - I don't have turn signals, side mirrors, just a rear view.

cops wave back at us - we ride near Ashland resort - and yes we have run the state roads back 30 miles at times when we were running out of time to get back in day lite

we rode further south one year and dropped into Kentucky for lunch - same deal

we just ride sensible, no goofing off, no tunes blasting, go with the flow of traffic, stop at red lites\stop signs, put my arm out to indicate a turn

right\wrong or indifferent - just my experience - please educate yourself......

WV police ignored SxS and ATV on public streets and highways before licensing law was passed and still do. In southern WV in the area near the Hatfield and McCoy Trail system I've seen hordes of unlicensed buggies running rural highways covered in mud. I think loca groups ride together probably every weekend.

License plate is apparently optional.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!