Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jackal,
Do you know if there a way to do this online before we come for RRB?
Nope TN still stuck in 70's. Must go in person to Campbell County clerk s office in Jacksboro , TN.

Reactions: sharp
ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For some reason in my head i had the idea that we could ride from RRB to the town nearby without registering. Is that not correct? If we are respectful is it likely an issue?

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
For some reason in my head i had the idea that we could ride from RRB to the town nearby without registering. Is that not correct? If we are respectful is it likely an issue?
You can now. New law effective 7/1/17 made it permissible for OHV to travel on certain roads around TWRA. I posted the law and list of roads on here when it became effective.

ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can now. New law effective 7/1/17 made it permissible for OHV to travel on certain roads around TWRA. I posted the law and list of roads on here when it became effective.

Thanks! Appreciate the info. Do we need turn signals for the roads around TWRA?
And did i read it right that we just need a hunting license?

M

MAK

Feb 25, 2018
Greeneville, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could someone clarify the fees for an OHV tag and registration?

I saw $10 in this thread and I've read $11 on a dmv website. I was charged the following for a class 2 ohv.
$18.75 registration fee
$1.99 clerk fee
$3.50 issuance fee
$55.00 county wheel tax
Total=$79.24 I asked them to double check and they said this was right. I'm in greene county. This seems ridiculous to me.

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I saw $10 in this thread and I've read $11 on a dmv website. I was charged the following for a class 2 ohv.
$18.75 registration fee
$1.99 clerk fee
$3.50 issuance fee
$55.00 county wheel tax
Total=$79.24 I asked them to double check and they said this was right. I'm in greene county. This seems ridiculous to me.
Each county in TN can set it's own fees. Some you pay just the $11 for a renewal. In your case, the $55, $3.50, $1.99, ($60.49 of $79.24 are all for Green Co. ) The $18.75 should have been $11 plus the new plate issuance $7.85.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
seems right to me. my tags came due last august and they were about that for the medium speed tag. i didnt renew due to a dispute over the class 1 and 2 tags though.

M

MAK

Feb 25, 2018
Greeneville, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks all for the quick replies. I knew our wheel tax was high but 79 compared to 11 threw me for a loop. Just doesnt seem right that a tag for restricted road use is the same price as a highway vehicle. Regardless, I'll focus on the positive...we can register our pioneers! Now, off to buy some new tires:)

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

$18.75 registration fee
$1.99 clerk fee
$3.50 issuance fee
$55.00 county wheel tax

Hey, I'm just down the road from you in Cocke County. I got my class 1 tag last month for $24.

The girls in the tag office said the class 1 tag was worthless and couldn't be used to drive on the road. I told them I had the law covering what it was good for but they didn't care and tried to give me a msv tag. I basically had to make them give me the class 1 tag.

Reactions: sharp and Dp5hunter
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey, I'm just down the road from you in Cocke County. I got my class 1 tag last month for $24.

The girls in the tag office said the class 1 tag was worthless and couldn't be used to drive on the road. I told them I had the law covering what it was good for but they didn't care and tried to give me a msv tag. I basically had to make them give me the class 1 tag.
There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding regarding the class 1. I told one of our clerks I'm swapping to class 1 later this month when my msv runs out. She said why? There's no advantage to it. Then she tried to argue when I told her they aren't speed limit restrictive. I keep a copy of state laws in my glove compartment. Already had to break it out once for an arsehole trooper trying to give me crap

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding regarding the class 1. I told one of our clerks I'm swapping to class 1 later this month when my msv runs out. She said why? There's no advantage to it. Then she tried to argue when I told her they aren't speed limit restrictive. I keep a copy of state laws in my glove compartment. Already had to break it out once for an arsehole trooper trying to give me crap
Yea,when they don't know the law they tend to make their own to keep from looking ignorant.:confused:o_O:oops:

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea,when they don't know the law they tend to make their own to keep from looking ignorant.:confused:o_O:oops:
This idiot was trying to tell me road up ahead was 45mph posting. I've lived here most of my adult life lol. He even said he catches me on the 4 lane where it is actually 45mph he is gonna bust my arse (his words exactly). One reason I'm swapping to class 1. Just hoping he pulls me over.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN

i couldnt get sumner county to even give me a class 1 or 2 tag. all they would do is renew my medium speed plate. i had the Memo that is sent to every county clerk in the state that has all the new year changes etc. i handed it over to them the lady at the counter read it...took it to her supervisor and read it. and then came back and said and i quote " there are no roads in sumner county that this applys to we dont sell this tag." after i got in a bit of an argument i was told they would renew my current tag or i could leave. So i said fine ill go somewhere else. Wilson Co. doesnt bat an eye when you ask for the correct tag btw.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i couldnt get sumner county to even give me a class 1 or 2 tag. all they would do is renew my medium speed plate. i had the Memo that is sent to every county clerk in the state that has all the new year changes etc. i handed it over to them the lady at the counter read it...took it to her supervisor and read it. and then came back and said and i quote " there are no roads in sumner county that this applys to we dont sell this tag." after i got in a bit of an argument i was told they would renew my current tag or i could leave. So i said fine ill go somewhere else. Wilson Co. doesnt bat an eye when you ask for the correct tag btw.

Go back and lick your eyebrow when you are asking! If you cannot do that take a box of donuts in with you. Food and sex motivates those ladies.

WhitJo

WhitJo

Supporting Member
Jul 13, 2018
Mtns of East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought mine used...went to the county clerk...paid $32.45 for new title and tag.
IMG 2492

Law requires, brakes, lights, turn signals, horn, roll bar, seat belts, spark arrestor, muffler, windshield or goggles, insurance, operator must be 16 years of age and have a valid TN driver's licence....machine must be under 1000cc...top speed of NO LESS than 35mph...machine must weigh less than 2000 lbs....some towns allow exception for driving on state highways...tourist towns of Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Townsend allow SXS....also allowed to ride inside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park at the Cades Cove loop road...

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I wish they passed a low like that here in Mississippi. The only way to drive on ONLY rural roads is with a triangle for farm equipment and you cannot exceed 25 miles per hour. And that is only when the oofficer is in a good mood and let's u go by.:(:mad:

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are helmets required to be on roads?
Legally yes, but if you have a windshield, wearing seatbelts, and not acting ignorant on the roads the county and state police will not hassle you. Now you can run into small town Barney Fifes that have aspirations to be Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrane so don't play around in towns.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!