Multi TN SxS now street legal

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
So what if you have already registered your VIN as a MSV? can you go back and re-register as a class 1 now that this has passed?

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So what if you have already registered your VIN as a MSV? can you go back and re-register as a class 1 now that this has passed?
I sure hope so cause I'm gonna try

Reactions: drfubar
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
ill let one of you guys sweet talk your count clerk first. Ive already lied on the MSV affidavit to lie about not going faster than 35mph. Id hate to have to admit to all that.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I just saw this thread for the first time. I was unaware of any tag other than the MSV. The small town I live in has a state highway thru the middle of it with a 40mph speed limit so I may be better off with the MSV tag. Plus on my P500 I would have to add another taillight. Not a big deal but I already have everything on the MSV affidavit covered.

Also if I'm reading it correctly my wife could tag her Rancher 420? Seems to match the requirements other than the windshield but she could wear a helmet and goggles to bypass that.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
U guys are lucky, at least there is a chance to drive legally in your states roadways it is not legal at all in the part of Mississippi where I live (sentral south). If you do at all it can only by on country roads and with the farm equipment triangle and u can't go over 25mph.:(

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ill let one of you guys sweet talk your count clerk first. Ive already lied on the MSV affidavit to lie about not going faster than 35mph. Id hate to have to admit to all that.
Where in mid tn do you live?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet its not a big deal... tell them you removed a governor or something, and now you want to register it in a more "appropriate" class... (=

Reactions: Delton and sharp
gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok so do I need to ask for a class 1 or class 2 for my pioneer 1000 ?

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wish SC would pass similar legislation.

We can travel 5 miles from our listed residence on roads 35mph or under. We can only cross 55mph travelways.

This is by using a $5 "golf cart registration" form from the SCDMV.

I need to see what an orange triangle will allow me to do in this state.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a friend in Hawkins county who did switch from MSV to Class 1. He didn't say they gave him a hard time about anything.

As for the affidavit, if questioned you could phrase something like you had installed a mechanical or electronic speed limiter on your machine for the MSV and now you would like to remove it for the class 1 license plate. I mean your foot is a mechanical speed limiter right?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a friend in Hawkins county who did switch from MSV to Class 1. He didn't say they gave him a hard time about anything.

As for the affidavit, if questioned you could phrase something like you had installed a mechanical or electronic speed limiter on your machine for the MSV and now you would like to remove it for the class 1 license plate. I mean your foot is a mechanical speed limiter right?
Excellent idea. I think I'll use it lol. Class 1 opens up all kinds of roads for me. I can run all day and not get off a county road.

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My county clerk office told me I would have to get a wiper and turn signals installed and provide proof of the installation then I could get a class 1 tag. I have a half windshield.

Last edited:
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
My county clerk office told me I would have to get a whipper and turn signals installed and provide proof of the installation then I could get a class 1 tag. I have a half windshield.

whipper? you don't need a wiper, but you do need a horn and turn signals. If you don't have a windshield, each passenger has to wear safety glasses or goggles

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot to mention, you have to read the PDF in the first post but NON-Residents of TN can get the same access via a 30 day permit for $4 plus a $2 fee to the issuing county clerk, no plate would be issued, just the permit that gives you the same access. This would be great for those staying a week plus at Royal Blue etc. from out of state as many country roads can connect and get you back to camp in a hurry and be legal doing so.

Jackal,
Do you know if there a way to do this online before we come for RRB?

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!