drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I nothing 100% to go on but... In my humble opinion the MSV and the street designation refers to city or town "streets" and roads that have a speed limit of 45 mph or less. Really this is for golf cart or Cushman type vehicles and the SxS just crept in there even though most lied about max 35mph vehicle capability to the issuing county clerk.

The Class I & Class II OHV license plate removes the max 35 mph vehicle speed limit and removes the 45 mph max "street" speed limit, and allows you to run on any road maintained by the county highway department but not TN DOT maintained highways except to cross them. I believe this plate allows you to run on anything the MSV plate would plus the faster county roads with the typical 55mph speed limit. A street & a road is pretty much the same thing, but the divided highways and interstates are the big no no. I think one would have a lot more latitude / options with the Class I OHV plate.
Guess I need to go back to the town office and change my registration too class 1

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Guess I need to go back to the town office and change my registration too class 1
Good luck hope they aren't too smart, you already signed an affidavit stating that machine could only go 35 mph. The class I & II OHV registration is for faster than 35 mph only.

Reactions: AKRider
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are these reciprocal in other states? What will happen if you go to Mississippi or Arkansas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This would be OK in AZ, UT only that I know of.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good luck hope they aren't too smart, you already signed an affidavit stating that machine could only go 35 mph. The class I & II OHV registration is for faster than 35 mph only.
Yea, I thought of that but what the heck... give it a try. I could play dumb.. Oh, wait, I wouldn't be playing would I?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yea, I thought of that but what the heck... give it a try. I could play dumb.. Oh, wait, I wouldn't be playing would I?

But I just realized it had a high gear. And once I put it in the high it did over 25 so I'm just trying to be legal and honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
If they were looking to be strict they wouldn't have let people tag them in the first place. When my registrar handed me the paper I didn't even read it. They never asked me any questions and handed me the tags. I know there are different rules for different areas but everyone knows all of the UTV's do over 35mph. In the end it is all about money. That is why they are changing it so everyone will tag their machines.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If they were looking to be strict they wouldn't have let people tag them in the first place. When my registrar handed me the paper I didn't even read it. They never asked me any questions and handed me the tags. I know there are different rules for different areas but everyone knows all of the UTV's do over 35mph. In the end it is all about money. That is why they are changing it so everyone will tag their machines.
They didn't ask me any questions. I handed them the cash and they handed me the tag. As for the law it states no more than four seats. I guess keep one folded down. Lol.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got mine today! Apparently the first one in my county.

She also said they're working on a form but don't have it made yet. I'm guessing she meant something along the lines of the affidavit for MSV.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hamilton County (Chattanooga) has not received the plates from the State yet (or so they just told me)... and don't have any idea when they may get them... I may have been born at night, but...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can travel on any road posted 40mph or less with my medium speed tag. To my knowledge that's as fast as the state will let a sxs run.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can travel on any road posted 40mph or less with my medium speed tag. To my knowledge that's as fast as the state will let a sxs run.
Nope I read that wrong. Speed no greater than 35 but on roads posted 40mph. That's retarded the way it's written

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You expeted different from government?
I'm naive what can I say lol. I'm gonna see bout having mine swapped then. I've got an awesome stretch of country road with a 55mph limit. With the class 1 I can go just about anywhere around here i want.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nope I read that wrong. Speed no greater than 35 but on roads posted 40mph. That's retarded the way it's written
Read the PDF file attached in post 1. Should clear things up, no speed restrictions on Class I or II OHV, just posted speed limits.

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
if you were going to stick around and have a local like me show you around before or after the planned forum ride, it would help.

I've got an Army buddy just south of you in Caryville. If we ride to your place you'll buy the beer?

Reactions: JACKAL
J

JTW

I'm naive what can I say lol. I'm gonna see bout having mine swapped then. I've got an awesome stretch of country road with a 55mph limit. With the class 1 I can go just about anywhere around here i want.
In Ky you don't need anything as long as you're engaged in an agricultural process.. not too much gets said around here anyway to locals until there's a problem and that's only in the summer when the tourist come around and inevitably one gets hurt or killed every few years then there's a crack down on it and everybody puts their feed buckets on the back! Lol..

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've got an Army buddy just south of you in Caryville. If we ride to your place you'll buy the beer?

LOL, I would have to buy some as I typically don't have any beer around the house. Still adjusting to not being on call 24/7 and having to go at a phone call anytime day or nite. Never took time to drink much.

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
LOL, I would have to buy some as I typically don't have any beer around the house. Still adjusting to not being on call 24/7 and having to go at a phone call anytime day or nite. Never took time to drink much.
I've been on call for 13 years. been off work 6 months due to a stroke in June. I answer the phone when I want to now!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!