CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
#11 redesign mechanical linkage for accelerator so the first 10%-20% makes less throttle change to eliminate bouncy pedal and allow more precision for slow technical driving.

I forgot about that since I installed a throttle maxx pedal 😎🤪🤣
I read about that before I even got my Talon but it hasn't been a problem so far. I owned a 390 Ford Galaxie with an automatic and AC when gas made its first major price jump and I was a poor teenager. I learned to drive with my foot wedged against the tunnel to keep from pumping the pedal, in the days of accelerator pumps - which squirt raw fuel with every pump. It's been a lifetime long habit, locked ankle.

I love the Talon's direct connection between the throttle and tires, one of its best features along with the DCT and paddle shifters.

You can hear that I'm not having any bouncy throttle problems here in the rocks - so it can be controlled.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And it picks up chick's 😂 😂 😂 😂
3D3E0AB1 9A84 4C7F 8C9F 90A6E382FA8F

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It sometimes is intermittent with stock tires, barely works with larger tires

That was my comment related to the Pioneer. We definitely could have more power steering assist especially with larger tires

On my particular unit, the power steering usually works properly. It would occasionally check out like when I'm doing a K-turn, backing up a steep bank which puts a heavy load on the front. It would do that a couple of times a day. I'm running 30" tires.

Jump ahead several months - I had a few days where it would do that a dozen or so times a day without the heavy load, it just checked out for a particular turn, always momentary.

I've read that the stock PS is 'just enough' for stock and unable to deal with heavier loading and now I believe that's true. The solution is a ~$1000 aftermarket unit and I'm not willing to do that for an occasional heavy feel.
700 is the same way occasionally. Standstill, turning with the fan and or headlights on, it drops out just a bit. I figure it's system voltage, and that some day when the stock battery dies and I replace it with something better, it gets better. Most people might not even notice...

But I agree...especially on a utility machine, that more steering assist would be great. I don't need BMW feel, just '68 Newport assist.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do you also have a trail machine, or is all your riding left turns anymore?
I don't race my Talon in a circle, what gave you that idea? 🤔

I do have a trail machine but it's not a Talon. I live in mud country, have ZERO desire to play in that crap and mostly go out of state, usually Arkansas or Oklahoma to do what I consider trail riding....

20191012 134917

20191012 133438

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

I do have a trail machine but it's not a Talon. I live in mud country, have ZERO desire to play in that crap and mostly go out of state, usually Arkansas or Oklahoma to do what I consider trail riding....

View attachment 312413

View attachment 312415
Good looking rig even if it is a Heep!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
When looking at a TP map it looks like a loop….🤷‍♂️
Anyway, was mainly wondering if you had a SXS trail machine. I ride OK/AR too, no use for mud either…

Reactions: Vikes79
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I read about that before I even got my Talon but it hasn't been a problem so far. I owned a 390 Ford Galaxie with an automatic and AC when gas made its first major price jump and I was a poor teenager. I learned to drive with my foot wedged against the tunnel to keep from pumping the pedal, in the days of accelerator pumps - which squirt raw fuel with every pump. It's been a lifetime long habit, locked ankle.

I love the Talon's direct connection between the throttle and tires, one of its best features along with the DCT and paddle shifters.

You can hear that I'm not having any bouncy throttle problems here in the rocks - so it can be controlled.
Oh I did that for 3-4 thousand miles before I got the throttle maxx. But on a 7-8 hour riding day in the same position, stiff doesn’t begin to describe it. Now I can shift positions and I don’t feel cramped.

fixing the throttle on the Honda is not rocket science, it’s a different curve in the throttle bell crank. In fact if it was by wire like Polaris, there is a company that sells a device that changes the throttle electronically.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!