You are a Honda engineer....

DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
You just landed your dream job as an engineer for Honda. They have assigned you to the Honda talon design team.
Your task is to create a new Honda Talon model but base it off the current 2 and 4 seat cars.
The stipulation is, you can only raise the MSRP to a maximum of $27,000 for a 2 seat and $29,000 for a 4 seat...

What do you redesign?

#1 I extend the rear trailing arm by 10 inches to eliminate the rear end hop.
#2 I redesign the shocks to actually have a true Dual rate suspension.
#3 I redesign the front and rear to get a full 20" of travel.
#4 re-gear it for 32" tires.
#5 redesign the cage using stronger material and more strength.

I would not touch the powertrain. If this car had proper suspension and tires, it will keep up with the fastest of them anywhere except a drag race...and I dont see much SXS drag racing goin gone..

What would you do?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You just landed your dream job as an engineer for Honda. They have assigned you to the Honda talon design team.
Your task is to create a new Honda Talon model but base it off the current 2 and 4 seat cars.
The stipulation is, you can only raise the MSRP to a maximum of $27,000 for a 2 seat and $29,000 for a 4 seat...

What do you redesign?

I would not touch the powertrain. If this car had proper suspension and tires, it will keep up with the fastest of them anywhere except a drag race...and I dont see much SXS drag racing goin gone..

What would you do?
Get rid of the I4WD, put real suspension on it and put a bigger bed on it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

What do you redesign?

What would you do?
You just blew the budget….😂😂😂

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Suspension upgrade,run flat 30/32 inch tires(if they even make them). And quiet the engine as much as possible.

Reactions: ChadD and Squeegee
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
1. Improved air intake
2. Make front & rear diff gear ratios the same
3. Spiral Bevel gears in front diff
4. Ground helical gears in the transmission with synchronizers
5. Better guage package
6. Factory installed buss for accessories

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
If I where on a limited budget
1 throw the sub transmission away and start over with a all new design with a super low, low range and make it first and foremost bullet proof then make the casing large enough to except different gear ratio's for different models.

2 with the re geared sub transmission make 30 inch tires standard on pioneer and talon, with factory option of a re geared sub transmission and 32" tires

3 put a dump bed on the X with a softer spring rate valved for softer ride call it a dual sport

4 for a R start over and make a real sport model
So that's out. Really what I would do is give it 120 horse power and softer longer travel suspension.

5 better steering racks on all talon and pioneer models

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The R model I'd like to have...

-120hp to the wheels
-R model width & X model wheelbase (Because short course race car)
-No I4wd/ABS or low range
-Factory installed bypass shocks
-Revised rear suspension geometry
-Stronger steering rack
-Better gauge placement with a shift light added

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Because most of use use our buggies for more than racing.
If people are buying Talons to do anything other than trail/dune ride or race because "cool factor", then that's on them for buying the wrong machine.

Common sense says you wouldn't buy a RZR, YXZ, X3 or KRX to do yard and farm work...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If people are buying Talons to do anything other than trail/dune ride or race because "cool factor", then that's on them for buying the wrong machine.

Common sense says you wouldn't buy a RZR, YXZ, X3 or KRX to do yard and farm work...
Most sports don't have a bed big enough for tools, ice chest big enough for two with drinks and lunch and then there's the dreaded spare tire? And your going to say get a spare tire career and hang it off the back, wouldn't a little bigger bed do this?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!