You are a Honda engineer....

Jon M

Jon M

Aug 29, 2021
Phoenix AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
1. Lower high range gearing (set for 32's from the factory) and ultra low low-range gearing.
and/or
2. Offer swappable differential ratio gearing for 28's, 32's and 35's.
3. Better air intake system that does not require a pre-filter or replacing the stock filter every 300 miles.
4. Im very pleased with the current engine but 1200cc and 125hp is never a bad thing.
5. Increase width to 72".
6. Larger cup holders that are located farther forward...

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

1. Lower high range gearing (set for 32's from the factory) and even lower low range gearing.
and/or
2. Offer swappable differential ratio gearing for 28's, 32's and 35's.
3. Better air intake system that does not require a pre-filter or replacing the stock filter every 300 miles.
4. Im pleased with the current engine but 1200cc and 125hp is never a bad thing.
5. Increase width to 72".
6. Larger cup holders that are located farther forward...

#2 is never going to happen and how would that even work?

Reactions: Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think most of these are dream list items that we’ll never see…..

Jon M

Jon M

Aug 29, 2021
Phoenix AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
#2 is never going to happen and how would that even work?
I come from fullsize 4x4 world where you can change your differential gears for lower gears... 3.73 to 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, etc. Something similar would be great for the Talon. That way, one could change to lower differential gears with larger tires.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You're a Honda Engineer and understood the assignment......

FB IMG 1641477322939

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you guys just designed jeeps and multitude of other vehicles...or my wife's Xterra Pro 4 with air conditioning. I like my little P700 and yeah...I wish it had a bunch of that stuff but we did a 4200 mile trip from ID thru MT, WY, SD, NM, UT and back to home and I had broken ribs and displaced color bone with the Xterra. NO it won't go half the places the Pioneer will but it did some nasty roads in relative comfort. There are lots of commercial made vehicles that are better than the Xterra but hopefully you see my point....but...it's been a nice discussion!!

Dragbikedude

Dragbikedude

Aug 12, 2021
Home
Ownership

1. Talon X
To the guys saying the Talon is not a "sport" side by side, then what the heck is it? I admit I am new to the side x side thing so please enlighten me. What is it missing to be considered "sport" in your mind? Or tell me where I can actually find the definition of "sport side by side". Which ones are sport side by sides, just so I know where my Talon falls short when compared to other side x sides? I do know it's NOT a bike as some people refer to it, pretty sure you can find a definition for bike somewhere and it doesn't have 4 wheels in it. The talon looks pretty sporty to me compared to the Pioneer but looks can be deceiving, and as far as the Pioneer goes, it looks really nice, I would like to get one but until Honda puts a larger dump bed on it I think I will have to keep my loud a$$ diesel powered Club Car XRT1550 for doing work around the farm, thank you very much, LOL. And I agree different tools for different jobs.

Reactions: Bigshow and CID
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
To the guys saying the Talon is not a "sport" side by side, then what the heck is it? I admit I am new to the side x side thing so please enlighten me. What is it missing to be considered "sport" in your mind? Or tell me where I can actually find the definition of "sport side by side". Which ones are sport side by sides, just so I know where my Talon falls short when compared to other side x sides? I do know it's NOT a bike as some people refer to it, pretty sure you can find a definition for bike somewhere and it doesn't have 4 wheels in it. The talon looks pretty sporty to me compared to the Pioneer but looks can be deceiving, and as far as the Pioneer goes, it looks really nice, I would like to get one but until Honda puts a larger dump bed on it I think I will have to keep my loud a$$ diesel powered Club Car XRT1550 for doing work around the farm, thank you very much, LOL. And I agree different tools for different jobs.
The 3 main classifications are...

Utility (Pioneer, General, Defender, Mule and Teryx, Viking)
Performance/Sport (RZR R/S, X3)
Sport/Utility (Talon, RZR XP/Pro, Commander and Maverick Sport, KRX, RMax)

If you ever have the opportunity to drive a Turbo S or an X3, you will immediately see what we mean. There is absolutely no comparison, especially at places like the dunes. A Talon is slow and beats you to death, a Turbo S eats up the dunes in comfort and an X3 is fast as hell and feels like you are on a cloud.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I think the definition of what is considered a sport machine varies depending on the region and personal opinion. I find absolutely no utility value in the Talon but I do consider it a sport machine based on the area we ride in. Most of the machines Paul mentioned can't be used to their potential in our area..... tight wooded trails, 2 tracks & fire roads. I guess if I were riding at high speed all the time in a wide open area my opinion would be different.

Dragbikedude

Dragbikedude

Aug 12, 2021
Home
Ownership

1. Talon X
Very well said 906UP, I too ride in tight wooded trails and very, very rocky terrain here in the southern rocky mountains where speeds are quite often in the 5-10 mph range, so I really don't see the need for much faster turbocharged machine and I doubt I will ever see the dunes, just too far away for me.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Very well said 906UP, I too ride in tight wooded trails and very, very rocky terrain here in the southern rocky mountains where speeds are quite often in the 5-10 mph range, so I really don't see the need for much faster turbocharged machine and I doubt I will ever see the dunes, just too far away for me.
I was just having this conversation w @aprils_fool , for our area there is absolutely no use for a turbo SxS(brand x), there just isn't room to use it. We always figure the guys that have "little d!ck syndrome". It'd be different if we were out west or running the dunes where the sand sucks up the power. We rarely see anything above 4th gear on the trails.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was just having this conversation w @aprils_fool , for our area there is absolutely no use for a turbo SxS(brand x), there just isn't room to use it. We always figure the guys that have "little d!ck syndrome". It'd be different if we were out west or running the dunes where the sand sucks up the power. We rarely see anything above 4th gear on the trails.
Either "little dicks" or they actually have the time and the machine to go places where they can use that true "Sport" SxS.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!