Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well I'm not gonna lie. Yes on a Talon 1000R.

But still keeping the P500 and my P1K LE.

D

Duckhunt

Why is it so quiet down here in 500 land ? Is everyone dreaming about the new Talon ?
LOL I've been thinking same thing. I'm to blame too haven't ridden or wrenched much these days heading into winter. We just relocated cities last summer and I don't have all the garage/shop/indoor storage at home I used to have, so lots of my toys including Hector are in a storage shed. I can go get him anytime, but just not the same at home where he should be!

C

Chooglin

I k
LOL I've been thinking same thing. I'm to blame too haven't ridden or wrenched much these days heading into winter. We just relocated cities last summer and I don't have all the garage/shop/indoor storage at home I used to have, so lots of my toys including Hector are in a storage shed. I can go get him anytime, but just not the same at home where he should be!
I know what you mean , I don't go out in the garage during the winter months because of the cold , I need to get some heat out there so I can have me some garage time.

D

Duckhunt

Yeah I went from a 28x36 heated finished shop, which after 10+ years I took for granted, to a 16x29 attached garage. The combined house/garage 100A breaker box is full so every time I need to use my plasma or welder I have to unhook What's-her-face's kitchen stove and dangle a 240V outlet wired directly into that 50A breaker! It's just a temp house or else I'd update the box or add a subpanel. Or build a shop in back. But 2 years is up August '19 and we'll start looking for a more permanent place!

Needless to say I have a lot of projects being held back, especially now where I can't just open the garage door and shuttle stuff in and out to the yard nor park vehicles on the street.

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Put on your electric underwear and get out there!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Lol, I thought P5's were trouble free, not much need to spend time in the garage. Now I suppose you can fix it until it breaks and make a paper tiger out of an otherwise great machine.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
To break the silence, Wish they made a PTO, recall an older Terra Pro ATV that had one. Or better yet, a rear backhoe with seat on the rack. Boys and their toys.

F857475A C8C7 4169 A23D 5FB616D3E84C 9512C161 6392 4CE8 891B AEE020604B2F

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Its winter UP here, Donkey is sleeping in the shed, its snowmobile season now.. Hoping to build a barn this summer, I went from a 30×60 w a car lift to a 24x22 to a 12x16 shed....WTF?

The good new is I went from big mortgage to small mortgage to no mortgage!!! Live small & play big!:)

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
my garage had insulation but it blew down mostly because the PO didnt put it up right, but i got a 100 k kero torpedo and it makes it were i can work in there pretty quick and still feel my fingers if i need to not wear gloves. you can just take it to the shed or wherever all you have to have is standard 110. also nice to melt the ice out of the machine from winter riding. i get winter diesel because it lasts forever and you can use one of those kero radiant heaters inside(one with the wick) for backup heat and not have the laquar problems, we've cooked on that too when the power was out

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
you can get them pretty cheap if you try, pretty simple to work on like the one I got when I bought the place just needed cleaned and new fuel. a lot of people will just put summer diesel in it and wont work in the cold. I got that some metal and a broke woodspliter for 50. it worked till last year when I just wanted to get a new one, not very quiet the old ones. my father inlaw got one free the safety eye was bad on it, local mower place had a half dozen, so cost 20 bucks and some time. parts that go are pretty standard too the old one I had had all the same stuff as the newer one he got free

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!