P500 Deer Hauler

U

uncyboo

Nov 23, 2016
Shelby, Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Had a buddy that insisted on doing vertical dress. We gutted a few deer together and he hit the sh** sack every time. I can handle some pretty heavy stink and that one would gag a billy goat. Definitely cleaner and easier if done correctly though. ;)
Living in Montana since '99 I don't have the opportunity to hang deer much any more, as Montana is Indian for land with no trees, but when I lived in Georgia I preferred to gut hanging head down, was much cleaner for me.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Had a buddy that insisted on doing vertical dress. We gutted a few deer together and he hit the sh** sack every time. I can handle some pretty heavy stink and that one would gag a billy goat. Definitely cleaner and easier if done correctly though. ;)
Cut completely around anus while still on ground before hoisting, like you would do for a horizontal field dress, or maybe try using one of those orange butt plug things. When vertical and stomach and lungs are out you can reach inside pelvic bone and extract anus canal. Doesn't matter if vertical or horizontal, cut the sh** sack or cut into the urethra and it's a stinky affair and you spoil meat as well. I think vertical is also easier to save heart and liver since you can spill stomach and lungs one direction and turn deer away from spoils pile to complete dressing in a cleaner environment.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Guys; I've processed alot of game but I'm not sure what the sh%÷ sac is. Is that the stomach? Intestine? It's not cool to slice the stomach open. Gall bladder or urine bladder is worse. I've found that the lower Intestine just has those round poop marbles and they don't hurt anything. But the rule of thumb is to keep that body cavity as clean as possible. I've processed them laying down and hanging up. Not much difference. On a deer, just split the pelvic bone with a little folding saw, spread it out abit, grab the tubes and gently pull it all out. Usually comes out clean and easy.
My $0.02 Al

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Guys; I've processed alot of game but I'm not sure what the sh%÷ sac is. Is that the stomach? Intestine? It's not cool to slice the stomach open. Gall bladder or urine bladder is worse. I've found that the lower Intestine just has those round poop marbles and they don't hurt anything. But the rule of thumb is to keep that body cavity as clean as possible. I've processed them laying down and hanging up. Not much difference. On a deer, just split the pelvic bone with a little folding saw, spread it out abit, grab the tubes and gently pull it all out. Usually comes out clean and easy.
My $0.02 Al

I was referring to the stomach. God awful stink! :confused:

Reactions: AlR
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
It is gross but once the guts are out, we often slice the stomach open to see that the animal has been eating. I like finding corn from my feeder !
Not to sound like a jerk, but how do you know it was your corn? There is corn all around my farm and I can't tell one kernel from another. :confused:

Reactions: solrus
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Not to sound like a jerk, but how do you know it was your corn? There is corn all around my farm and I can't tell one kernel from another. :confused:

I feed the deer whole corn. It's dried. I'm in an area where there is no agriculture; just trees / logging (silviculture). So any corn in the deer's system came from my feeder.
Al

J

Jshell3

I could not pick my deer up and load it by myself. I had always thought I would just drag it through the floorboards, but I realized today... not gonna happen.

IMG 3494

I ultimately wound up going back home and getting my Rancher.

IMG 3507

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
156$ shipped, has a bearing and I can rotate it 360 degrees, 500 lbs manual winch, and accepts any 2" hitch receiver

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
You can buy a lot of hamburger for 156 bucks .....just sayin

Reactions: solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, but after hauling an elk in 2013, and having back "hernia" exacerbated and getting steroid shot , I've decided three things, loose 50 lbs, do daily back exercise for 20 mins, and never lift and drag deer on my own, so solution was to weld my own for 100$ parts or get similar from a store for 160$ and save money on a custom build by some one for 400-500$.
I envy in good way those who can lift deer and carry on their back or elk.

J

Jshell3

You know, I read somewhere that priced per pound, the most expensive wild game is...? Based on a hunter's purchases in order to pursue said wild game... Guns, lease, clothing, license, atv, etc....

Care to guess?

Last edited by a moderator:
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
$156 doesnt buy that much hamburger meat
Black tail and mule deer @ 162.00 per lb . Guess thats why I prefer chicken . About a dollar a lb already rotisserie roasted and ready to eat ! I can lift one all by myself !

Reactions: doolin64
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wild pigs?

Reactions: Jshell3
Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!