Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I realize I'm close to brain dead from long hours at work, but lawnmower mod?? I don't recall that one
Ah ha! It was Joeymt33 who performed the mower mods. This was a good way to spend my work day, finding a post so that i dont feel like i am loosing my mind. lol:0

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Nope that wasn't me this time. I did hook up some nitrous to a 11hp murray mower years ago. Had a partial cheater kit and the mower laying around so why not? Stuck a 2lb bottle on it and mowed some weeds that was over knee high lol. It held up to everything we threw at it. Motor was still running fine when I removed everything. Wish I still had free time available to do stupid crap like that lol.
There is a lawn mower race in a neighboring community that i think you may have been able to win (happening this weekend). If i still had my old mower i could borrow your design and represent! lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a lawn mower race in a neighboring community that i think you may have been able to win (happening this weekend). If i still had my old mower i could borrow your design and represent! lol
It was easy/simple. Fogger, 2 solenoids, cheap fuel pump, and the tank lol. No fuel safety or wot switch with that setup lol. Oh and disconnect the governor. We didn't do that first time and throttle kept fluctuating. Made for some really cool backfires through the carb lol. We ran it at night and it had that cool looking flame coming out the exhaust.

Reactions: Eltobgi
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my solution for the heat... blowers are connected to a switch on my switch plate... turn them on when I'm hot... turn them off when I'm cold...
Blower mod 2

Blower mod

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered a blower and the hose that I'll run somewhere. Should help thinking I'll just wire it to a 12v plug for the lighter socket.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
my solution for the heat... blowers are connected to a switch on my switch plate... turn them on when I'm hot... turn them off when I'm cold...
View attachment 17705
View attachment 17706
DId you notice if it was any faster. With two of them hooked up like that im thinking you should be able to squeeze another few miles per hour out of her. lol

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
View attachment 17707 My dealer texted me today and said she has the "part/fix" for the heat problem and that I could bring it in and have it installed and would take about 3 hours. I asked about what exactly it was but she hasn't got back with me yet.
That is reassuring assuming it isn't a BS fix. I was worried it would be sitting for weeks at the dealer.

advertisement
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 17707 My dealer texted me today and said she has the "part/fix" for the heat problem and that I could bring it in and have it installed and would take about 3 hours. I asked about what exactly it was but she hasn't got back with me yet.

Please let us know if you find out anything.

I am in the process of buying one and I am supposed to pick it up next week. If I know what it is, I could call them and tell them to just wait until they get that "part/fix" in so I don't have to bring it back to get this added.

Heat in the cab was one of the two biggest things that I have been hesitant about getting one.

ETA:

If not the part number maybe they have a Technical/Service Bulletin that she could reference so they would be able to look it up.

Reactions: Hondasxs
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Please let us know if you find out anything.

I am in the process of buying one and I am supposed to pick it up next week. If I know what it is, I could call them and tell them to just wait until they get that "part/fix" in so I don't have to bring it back to get this added.

Heat in the cab was one of the two biggest things that I have been hesitant about getting one.

ETA:

If not the part number maybe they have a Technical/Service Bulletin that she could reference so they would be able to look it up.

A TSB reference would help all of us looking to purchase.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DId you notice if it was any faster. With two of them hooked up like that im thinking you should be able to squeeze another few miles per hour out of her. lol
I actually did notice an improvement in engine efficiency. Twin blowers move a lot f air... I can feel it coming out the rear of the bike, near the muffler.

Reactions: Eltobgi
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Oh come on Delton! Dont be so negative. Lets make it work. All we need is to design is a threaded container that holds fluid, preferably with a site glass, located under the seat, which the sensor could be installed into. When the fluid heated to the 180 degrees it would trigger the fan. I saw all of that stuff on your work bench and i am betting that with a "McGyver" style approach you will have more than enough parts to do this. lol

What do you think?

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know I am a "dumb farmer" but these pictures of a 700 vs 1000 under the dash shield/heat deflector say it all. I have the luxury of having both machines at my disposal. It's a no brainier why the 700 out performs the 1000 in the dash heat category

Image Image

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 17707
My dealer texted me today and said she has the "part/fix" for the heat problem and that I could bring it in and have it installed and would take about 3 hours. I asked about what exactly it was but she hasn't got back with me yet.

Any word from your dealer? I am extremely curious on what there fix is.

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
They need to put a shield to to keep the hot air from going in the floor tunnel that gust come up in the seat. They need out side air under the seat to cool it down that what those blower are doing. I will do some thing to stop the the hot air from going under the seat.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too am very interested in a Honda solution. I didn't at all expect a official response, but if it turns out to be, it should be free to all who chose to have it done. Although with my current heat shield and blower setup, the heat is managed very well, I'm sure everyone who rides in the summer heat would welcome a factory resolution. Please keep us informed as you hear back from your dealer.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!