Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 17667 ]
I think that could be done with this unit as a kit. I don't think it needs to be based off of air. I used a kit similar to this near the fireplace in our bus to turn on a blower to circulate the warner air
I like it! Good find! If I can't find something smaller I think I will try it;)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A water temp will work as well you just place it a little closer the the heat source. It takes just a little longer to turn on/off in air then water
It must be different than the sensor used in cars and such. You get low enough on coolant and they stop working. That's what I was basing my statement off of.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It must be different than the sensor used in cars and such. You get low enough on coolant and they stop working. That's what I was basing my statement off of.
Well this style goes through the cooling fins of the radiator anyways it never touches the water. But water oviously has greater heating/cooling properties then air so it takes longer for the sensor to heat up or cool which in turn makes your fan slightly delayed. But like I said I've got one in my bus for fan control. As it heats up it blows. Works well and has for 6 years:)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well this style goes through the cooling fins of the radiator anyways it never touches the water. But water oviously has greater heating/cooling properties then air so it takes longer for the sensor to heat up or cool which in turn makes your fan slightly delayed. But like I said I've got one in my bus for fan control. As it heats up it blows. Works well and has for 6 years:)
Thats what is needed for these blowers then. Should work fine.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I like it! Good find! If I can't find something smaller I think I will try it;)
I'm sure there are smaller but that one goes down below the average needed temp that a car would require. Just watch for that but I assure you it works

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Good point! After looking at it again it really doesn't look that big. I'm thinking a fabricated bracket that holds both the temp switch and the blower and fuse together. What temp range can it be adjusted between to signal the blower?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Electric Fan Switch with Thermostat, Adjustable

Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It looks like low. The one I have doesn't even go down that far. I was surprised because you don't need an auto that cool. There is a link there.It's been 95 here and being a painter means my area is around 120 most of the day so other then puddles the pioneer really hasn't bothered me but I asked the Ol lady...dammit I'm probably going to be doing a couple things somewhat soon. The ideas you guys have about the fan intrigues me because it can be controlled. The heat is so nice at night and that's most of us but I'm down for cheap ideas like this. Anything that is quick to change. On our last one I was building a removable under seat cover that had seals on both sides and it worked ok but was still working on it and got left at the dealer. I was into it a lot and time. I like the heat but not all the time. If anyone has ideas on something I'm all ears! Has anyone considered a small automotive fan to move more volume and be more tolerant for the conditions? Will it fit? I Any others?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like low. The one I have doesn't even go down that far. I was surprised because you don't need an auto that cool. There is a link there.It's been 95 here and being a painter means my area is around 120 most of the day so other then puddles the pioneer really hasn't bothered me but I asked the Ol lady...dammit I'm probably going to be doing a couple things somewhat soon. The ideas you guys have about the fan intrigues me because it can be controlled. The heat is so nice at night and that's most of us but I'm down for cheap ideas like this. Anything that is quick to change. On our last one I was building a removable under seat cover that had seals on both sides and it worked ok but was still working on it and got left at the dealer. I was into it a lot and time. I like the heat but not all the time. If anyone has ideas on something I'm all ears! Has anyone considered a small automotive fan to move more volume and be more tolerant for the conditions? Will it fit? I Any others?
One of those slimline electric fans for cars would probably work great. They move alot of air and some are only a couple inches thick

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I was thinking a fan similar to the one used by Delton on the lawn mower mod. It would be simple to build a bracket

advertisement
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So do we know if it is a Convection, Conduction or Radiation problem or some combination thereof?

Each one will have slightly different corrective actions that might actually result in an increase in heat for one of the other.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking a fan similar to the one used by Delton on the lawn mower mod. It would be simple to build a bracket
I realize I'm close to brain dead from long hours at work, but lawnmower mod?? I don't recall that one

HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
lol.
So do we know if it is a Convection, Conduction or Radiation problem or some combination thereof?

Each one will have slightly different corrective actions that might actually result in an increase in heat for one of the other.
Clearly its a radiation problem. Question is it from the exhaust pipe header, or radiator, or both. I sure hope Honda has an adequate fix for the 017 model. Looks like a rubber under seat matt/ insulation, a under-dash deflector, and possibly a fan thermostat controlled to flow air is the best fix combination.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I realize I'm close to brain dead from long hours at work, but lawnmower mod?? I don't recall that one

I must be mistaken! But someone posted mods made to a lawn mower (added gauges, fan, sensors, etc...) And... I thought that it was part of this discussion. I am starting to think that I may be loosing my mind! lol

I will have to post a disclaimer with my comments asking everyone to humor me! Sorry Delton! Someone will shed light on this for me. I Hope!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must be mistaken! But someone posted mods made to a lawn mower (added gauges, fan, sensors, etc...) And... I thought that it was part of this discussion. I am starting to think that I may be loosing my mind! lol

I will have to post a disclaimer with my comments asking everyone to humor me! Sorry Delton! Someone will shed light on this for me. I Hope!
Nope that wasn't me this time. I did hook up some nitrous to a 11hp murray mower years ago. Had a partial cheater kit and the mower laying around so why not? Stuck a 2lb bottle on it and mowed some weeds that was over knee high lol. It held up to everything we threw at it. Motor was still running fine when I removed everything. Wish I still had free time available to do stupid crap like that lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!