P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Just talked to my dealer Brookhaven Honda. Clueless to this "Heat mangement kit". Going to call Honda when California wakes up.

J

Jeremiah8808

Aug 5, 2015
What is the amp draw on them individually?
Here are the Amp Draw Specs for Attwood 3" & 4" blowers. I was surprised to see the 4" has lower amp draw?
Upload 2016 6 29 12 39 42

Reactions: Delton and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Here are the Amp Draw Specs for Attwood 3" & 4" blowers. I was surprised to see the 4" has lower amp draw?
View attachment 17663
Exactly what i was looking for! Thank you! This really pushes me toward trying the Turbo 4000 due to the lower amp draw and increased cfm.:)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've been thinking about an automatic on/off set up for the blower triggered by heat. I am very interested in an inexpensive idea for accomplishing this. Any Ideas?

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that's funny, lower amp draw but calls for a bigger fuse

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been thinking about an automatic on/off set up for the blower triggered by heat. I am very interested in an inexpensive idea for accomplishing this. Any Ideas?
Need a thermostatic switch that reads air temp.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that's funny, lower amp draw but calls for a bigger fuse
Makes me wonder if the info is correct or they just threw some numbers out there lol

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Talked with Honda America in California. Spoke with Mr. Massi. He said that Honda is aware of the issue and a case worker will be calling me in two days. I'm hoping this will be something that can be mailed to me as I would hate to send my ride to Honda service jail.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talked with Honda America in California. Spoke with Mr. Massi. He said that Honda is aware of the issue and a case worker will be calling me in two days. I'm hoping this will be something that can be mailed to me as I would hate to send my ride to Honda service jail.
So we each have to call individually? Can you please post that number for American Honda? Thanks!

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
1-866-784-1870 this is the number to call to report our heat issues. I explained the hot center seat and the extreme hot air coming from the dash. And how riding this weekend we splashed threw a two inch water spot and I steamed the heck out my niece. Wife not happy.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
And so everyone knows. They were very helpful and grateful to hear the issues I had. Very nice conversion. I was happy with the customer service so far so good. I'm a little upset at my dealers response. But I think Honda customer service is stand up so far.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It says fluid cooling system so I'd bet it doesn't read air temp.
Oh come on Delton! Dont be so negative. Lets make it work. All we need is to design is a threaded container that holds fluid, preferably with a site glass, located under the seat, which the sensor could be installed into. When the fluid heated to the 180 degrees it would trigger the fan. I saw all of that stuff on your work bench and i am betting that with a "McGyver" style approach you will have more than enough parts to do this. lol

What do you think?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Image ]
I think that could be done with this unit as a kit. I don't think it needs to be based off of air. I used a kit similar to this near the fireplace in our bus to turn on a blower to circulate the warner air

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh come on Delton! Dont be so negative. Lets make it work. All we need is to design is a threaded container that holds fluid, preferably with a site glass, located under the seat, which the sensor could be installed into. When the fluid heated to the 180 degrees it would trigger the fan. I saw all of that stuff on your work bench and i am betting that with a "McGyver" style approach you will have more than enough parts to do this. lol

What do you think?
Hey I never said I couldn't build it lol. I just said one that reads water temp won't read air temp. Making one would be easy. I got lots of black pipe and fittings laying around along with a 1/8" npt tap for the sensor. The sight glass would be the hardest part.
I'd be fine with just flipping a switch when my arse started getting hot lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey I never said I couldn't build it lol. I just said one that reads water temp won't read air temp. Making one would be easy. I got lots of black pipe and fittings laying around along with a 1/8" npt tap for the sensor. The sight glass would be the hardest part.
I'd be fine with just flipping a switch when my arse started getting hot lol
A water temp will work as well you just place it a little closer the the heat source. It takes just a little longer to turn on/off in air then water

Last edited:
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called the number as well and they asked which dealership I would like to work on it and that they would contact the dealer and have them arrange to and work on resolving the issue, he also said if anyone else was having the problem to call them as well and get it in the system. American Honda is aware of the issue and he assured me it will be taken care of.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!