Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
17 year sitting UD (1989 Nissan turbo diesel) build. 780$ invested, in my name taxes paid. Day one.

6092E4EE 36D6 443C 81C1 63C8D1CF0160

Air up tires.

3A62DE85 65AF 43CF B8A0 EB95C7FC0F39

Pull from old home and get good look at things. Pulled fuel filter, looks good just really old fuel!
Pull intake to turbo to make sure it doesn’t run off when turned over in case it starts. Add power and it turns over very freely and it sounds good!
Awesome!
Air in the line it won’t start. Drag home after checking brakes. They work great! Steers good.
On way home! My son that just did 4bt Cummins conversation in a Ford F-150 helping.
CEBD85A4 A593 4261 BFA4 B00EA27634A8

I’m my driveway! Tows efertlessly! Brakes perfect. Steering tight! Has same turning radius as the truck pulling. Ground clearance massive for a toyhauler and heavy duty running gear. Wrong on mileage (245k) everything feels tight, almost like Japanese specs(it is lol)
Sitting 17years yet all tires inflated and holding (Michelin’s)
At home no issues other then a slight vibration (probably one of the flat spotted tires but no worries):)

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Measure twice, plan correctly and execute once. Going awesome here! It fits! Clutch has a new garage! 1 inch clearance coming in after tilting angle from ramps, figured 3/4 inch so even better!
88F4BA88 B286 4893 BCFC 8FBA9B0B3C93

CDA8A949 033A 45AE BF00 D47B7C2D8D14

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is so awesome!
Again thanks for the nickname. You had some help but once again!
It’s home and Clutch fits so the build starts now. It doesn’t run, it’s ugly, it’s cheap and it doesn’t matter:):) Big ass smile on my face. Ang is super pumped, how many woman will smile when their man pulls this into the driveway? She jumped in and said she’s good driving this. She noticed a/c, bonus! It’s a great day in the Pac N.W. things looking up

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
subscribed
and I see you finally got a cap for your gas can...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Again thanks for the nickname. You had some help but once again!
It’s home and Clutch fits so the build starts now. It doesn’t run, it’s ugly, it’s cheap and it doesn’t matter:):) Big ass smile on my face. Ang is super pumped, how many woman will smile when their man pulls this into the driveway? She jumped in and said she’s good driving this. She noticed a/c, bonus! It’s a great day in the Pac N.W. things looking up

Could always get Walter to spiff it up with a wrap....

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Make it look like the sidewall is clear and a pic of Clutch behind the wall studs. Maybe with a skeleton of you driving it. Add some flames somewhere and litter the bottom of the box with Coors cans.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Down the road he’ll get a call. Currently using his services for a couple different things:) I trust that man for any idea!
Already worked out colors with the Mrs., it’ll match the bus some but have Honda red involved. Cart before the horse but already on it.
As soon as she fires and everything mechanical cleared the cab will be painted. Box will go slower

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been thinking along the same lines. Find a 20-24' box truck, install a smaller box on the chassis, build a flatbed and throw on a hitch for my toyhauler. It would be overkill, but could be a decent project. Just need to find the right box truck under CDL.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have been thinking along the same lines. Find a 20-24' box truck, install a smaller box on the chassis, build a flatbed and throw on a hitch for my toyhauler. It would be overkill, but could be a decent project. Just need to find the right box truck under CDL.
I’d sure suggest Isuzu NPR. The in-line Isuzu diesel is a good motor and parts readily available. Might struggle a little with a big trailer though

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been thinking along those lines as well. Just haven't really found anything concrete on what they can tow via fifth wheel. My trail is 21k loaded. I need something that will tow that and keep insurance happy on paper.
I have been looking at quad cab chev landscape style trucks as well.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
17 year sitting UD (1989 Nissan turbo diesel) build. 780$ invested, in my name taxes paid. Day one.

View attachment 74391

Air up tires.

View attachment 74392

Pull from old home and get good look at things. Pulled fuel filter, looks good just really old fuel!
Pull intake to turbo to make sure it doesn’t run off when turned over in case it starts. Add power and it turns over very freely and it sounds good!
Awesome!
Air in the line it won’t start. Drag home after checking brakes. They work great! Steers good.
On way home! My son that just did 4bt Cummins conversation in a Ford F-150 helping.
View attachment 74393
I’m my driveway! Tows efertlessly! Brakes perfect. Steering tight! Has same turning radius as the truck pulling. Ground clearance massive for a toyhauler and heavy duty running gear. Wrong on mileage (245k) everything feels tight, almost like Japanese specs(it is lol)
Sitting 17years yet all tires inflated and holding (Michelin’s)
At home no issues other then a slight vibration (probably one of the flat spotted tires but no worries):)
Very cool, I’d give that just to have the storage box at the ranch to keep my Pioneer and accessories stored in!!! Awesome

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV

A lot of the peeps on the RV forum I belong to use used Class 8 trucks to tow their fivers with. Trick is - register it as an RV - don't need a CDL that way - worst case depending on state is may requi8re an Air Brake endorsement on you license. But generally if it has a bed and a bathroom they have to treat it the same as a Class A motor Home as far as licensing requirements. Get a used tractor with an auto tranny ($25-35K at 400,000 miles) and even your wife can drive it and takes no more room than a 1 Ton Dually once you remove the rear axle - you won't need dual rear axles for anything you'd tow in the travel trailer world.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A lot of the peeps on the RV forum I belong to use used Class 8 trucks to tow their fivers with. Trick is - register it as an RV - don't need a CDL that way - worst case depending on state is may requi8re an Air Brake endorsement on you license. But generally if it has a bed and a bathroom they have to treat it the same as a Class A motor Home as far as licensing requirements. Get a used tractor with an auto tranny ($25-35K at 400,000 miles) and even your wife can drive it and takes no more room than a 1 Ton Dually once you remove the rear axle - you won't need dual rear axles for anything you'd tow in the travel trailer world.
By the letter of Ohio law, if it has a fifth wheel, it cannot be titled as an rv. I don't know how people get around that. Another option is title it as an RV out of Ontario. I am considering getting a Non commercial CDL just to cover my ass.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!