“Clutch’s Basket” build

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A lot of the peeps on the RV forum I belong to use used Class 8 trucks to tow their fivers with. Trick is - register it as an RV - don't need a CDL that way - worst case depending on state is may requi8re an Air Brake endorsement on you license. But generally if it has a bed and a bathroom they have to treat it the same as a Class A motor Home as far as licensing requirements. Get a used tractor with an auto tranny ($25-35K at 400,000 miles) and even your wife can drive it and takes no more room than a 1 Ton Dually once you remove the rear axle - you won't need dual rear axles for anything you'd tow in the travel trailer world.

Or just get a cdl and not sweat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Drive that beast over here and let’s ride!
Ahhh...17 years of sitting lol. It needs a few miles but I do trust it. I will buy battery tomorrow and get plates. Be driving back in forth to work next week to check everything out but it looks good. Only issue was the vibration in the driver front, turned out as a severely flat spotted tire. Happened to have an extra in the bed.
1D5740BA C313 449D A49D 47A1F4513481

Day 2 over. Running driving toyhauler licensed on the road for just under 1k:) Sun shine’s on a dogs ass every once in awhile!

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ahhh...17 years of sitting lol. It needs a few miles but I do trust it. I will buy battery tomorrow and get plates. Be driving back in forth to work next week to check everything out but it looks good. Only issue was the vibration in the driver front, turned out as a severely flat spotted tire. Happened to have an extra in the bed.
View attachment 74519

Day 2 over. Running driving toyhauler licensed on the road for just under 1k:) Sun shine’s on a dogs ass every once in awhile!
As I say it was your day to be a chow ( curly tail)

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Gonna have to get some on board air, and some train horns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to ride a trail back in AZ that was once a narrow gauge steam line back in the late 1800's. Was up on a mountain that was visible to several towns.
Always wanted to rig up some kind of whistle and light up in the air...maybe play steam noises on a bull Horn while riding around it one Halloween night. Make everyone say WTF?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!