Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I would have already pulled the trigger but I’m torn on what size trailer.
This is licensed as a 16 but it’s 14. If I needed more room I’d be taking the bus and trailer at over 60ft. f*** that! Done with that crap except the big weekends.

J

JTW

Ours is 22’ only got that big initially cause we got a smoking deal, but know wish we would of went a little bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What size truck are you pulling it with? I have two half tons and would prefer to stick with something they could handle... the ecoboost doesn’t worry me but I won’t have it but a couple years longer and will replace with an suv. My work truck is an anemic 5.3 Silverado and it’s gunna struggle

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah.. I initially thought 16’ enclosed and be done. Then I got to thinking of 2 machines and still having room for storage. Blah blah blah.. it never f***ing ends!
Two machines complicate lol. We also have two but for us if we go a distance to ride we could pull light trailer if needed. Ang and I usually meet up at different times and her xterra could easily pull the Wolverine or load it in the truck. She gets more time off then I do, before I’d run the bus up for her and she’d drive the dodge pulling everything then I’d head back home. Now she will take the box with Pioneer and bikes, I can take truck with Wolverine later.
But bottom line if we go for a day trip or just us we can take one rig no trailer with all our stuff and tools etc. Small wheel base and ground clearance so no issues.
Camping 20-30 times a year the big ol bus with trailer gets old as hell! We built it when we had 5 of us with lots of friends that needed space and all dirt bikes. Bus did that. Things change. We started tent camping again. I DONT WANT A MASSIVE RIG EVER AGAIN! It keeps you from going out as much down the road. I see it all the time where people start small and enjoy things then keep upsizing and they lose why they went out. I’m going back to easy. f*** it! Back to the basics and camping:):)

Last edited:
J

JTW

Two machines complicate lol. We also have two but for us if we go a distance to ride we could pull light trailer if needed. Ang and I usually meet up at different times and her xterra could easily pull the Wolverine or load it in the truck. She gets more time off then I do, before I’d run the bus up for her and she’d drive the dodge pulling everything then I’d head back home. Now she will take the box with Pioneer and bikes, I can take truck with Wolverine later.
But bottom line if we go for a day trip or just us we can take one rig no trailer with all our stuff and tools etc. Small wheel base and ground clearance so no issues.
Camping 20-30 times a year the big ol bus with trailer gets old as hell! We built it when we had 5 of us with lots of friends that needed space and all dirt bikes. Bus did that. Things change. We started tent camping again. I DONT WANT A MASSIVE RIG EVER AGAIN! It keeps you from going out as much down the road. I see it all the time where people start small and enjoy things then keep upsizing and they lose why they went out. I’m going back to easy. f*** it! Back to the basics and camping:):)
I agree!!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size truck are you pulling it with? I have two half tons and would prefer to stick with something they could handle... the ecoboost doesn’t worry me but I won’t have it but a couple years longer and will replace with an suv. My work truck is an anemic 5.3 Silverado and it’s gunna struggle

An 05 ram 3500. So it doesn’t mind the larger trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m thinking
roof ac/heat strip
Awning
Small water tank and sink
Simple led lights on dc
Mini fridge

Bunks will be hammocks or cots..

Debating on...
Porto potty and maybe an outdoor shower on a instant water heater.

Most of my access isn’t off grid... so prolly run everything on electric.

I start with a basic 7x14-16 enclosed trailer each time I start a design and basically end up with this before it ever leaves paper. I’ll stick with a cabin and a utility trailer then when I’m not 100% pleased I don’t have to tear it all out and rebuild it, it’s someone else’s fault.

693079254fdf5e29f17e1febd1286582

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Picked up two new batts (great deal at 140$)some additives and 4 gallons of Rotella T(75$) and tabbed plates (104$) Doing the important stuff first.
2AB1BA52 0586 4E84 835B FB96F33E3543

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Decided against replacing the flat spotted tire with a used tire. Two new 14ply steer tires bought! (410$) With the way this thing runs I’m trusting to give it a little love. Plus good steer tires are safety related.
2C9CA4C8 CCF3 4FE3 9784 378B9FBB672B

7C9C6301 B253 420B A5AB C3FD05419E59

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You aren't actually going to actually be "STREET LEGAL" are you?
Hell to the yes! Licensed and insured.
Well kinda “street legal”...my kids have talked me into straight pipe and a larger turbo we have laying around and an intercooler. But that’s for later:)

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Aim small, miss small. Other than not having an internal shower, My rig is nearly perfect in size for me and the Dag.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I totally agree with this. I'd take an 87 Chevy 2500 with the dial radio in a heartbeat.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!