Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Why so much? Tires and some paint.. that’s what.. $1500
It’s getting everything, like the bus did but on a lesser scale. Will get big windows toilet,fridge,sinks,hot water, solar,heat, outside shower and grill. Full conversion. It’s going to be a toy hauler:)

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s getting everything, like the bus did but on a lesser scale. Will get big windows toilet,fridge,sinks,hot water, solar,heat. Full conversion. It’s going to be a toy hauler:)

@JTW would you expect anything less? He doesn’t half ass anything except maybe a good nights rest occasionally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@JTW would you expect anything less? He doesn’t half ass anything except maybe a good nights rest occasionally

First purchase! 4 Real f***ing headlights. Screw that sealed beam bulls***. Hids coming!

D5B6C388 438A 4FEA 9362 BC69D1A47DDB

J

JTW

It’s getting everything, like the bus did but on a lesser scale. Will get big windows toilet,fridge,sinks,hot water, solar,heat. Full conversion. It’s going to be a toy hauler:)
Ahhhhh... got ya! That will be cool... I’m going to do similar with an enclosed but I don’t want lavish just “mobile camping”. Someplace where all my s*** is collected so it’s always in one place and ready to go at a moments notice.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lmao.. good point. Mr f***ing overachiever!!
I wish I felt like that with where I’m at in life. Most people aren’t this excited over a $1000 rig. But it’s what we can do to get what we want so that’s ok with me. I’ve never been afraid of a little work, this’ll be 10% the build of the bus, going small this time

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ahhhhh... got ya! That will be cool... I’m going to do similar with an enclosed but I don’t want lavish just “mobile camping”. Someplace where all my s*** is collected so it’s always in one place and ready to go at a moments notice.

That’s how mine started off too, simple... then just a inverter for a little power, to blow up an air mattress, then just a tv for the kids to fall asleep to when it’s adult time, then more storage for all the gear, then water tanks to clean up with so you aren’t crawling into bed dirty, then a.c. Because Idaho fu$king sucks in August. My point is we built it and used it more and more. Lived out of it last summer for 14 days. Was wishing for a few more creature comforts on that trip, might of still felt human at the end of it all

advertisement
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most people aren’t this excited over a $1000 rig. But it’s what we can do to get what we want so that’s ok with me. I’ve never been afraid of a little work,

Nothing wrong with a little sweat equity, I would cringe having a nice expensive toy hauler and dragging it up into the woods tearing it up.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nothing wrong with a little sweat equity, I would cringe having a nice expensive toy hauler and dragging it up into the woods tearing it up. Plus the ones I’ve seen and been in all have felt really cheap

Must be time for bed pulling a “smitty”

Last edited:
J

JTW

That’s how mine started off too, simple... then just a inverter for a little power, to blow up an air mattress, then just a tv for the kids to fall asleep to when it’s adult time, then more storage for all the gear, then water tanks to clean up with so you aren’t crawling into bed dirty, then a.c. Because Idaho fu$king sucks in August. My point is we built it and used it more and more. Lived out of it last summer for 14 days. Was wishing for a few more creature comforts on that trip, might of still felt human at the end of it all

I’m thinking
roof ac/heat strip
Awning
Small water tank and sink
Simple led lights on dc
Mini fridge

Bunks will be hammocks or cots..

Debating on...
Porto potty and maybe an outdoor shower on a instant water heater.

Most of my access isn’t off grid... so prolly run everything on electric.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Something along the lines of @tmjm76691’s setup... I’ll be looking to you all for inspiration and suggestions!
Yep. Simple cheap and easy with a few basics. My son is doing the same thing.
I want something that’s ready always. Ang can hop in and go easy and I can meet. Something the Pioneer can stay in but most importantly something that can get scratched up and not need to vacuum

J

JTW

Yep. Simple cheap and easy with a few basics. My son is doing the same thing.
I want something that’s ready always. Ang can hop in and go easy and I can meet. Something the Pioneer can stay in but most importantly something that can get scratched up and not need to vacuum
I would have already pulled the trigger but I’m torn on what size trailer.

Reactions: Biteme and BWAF
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m thinking
roof ac/heat strip
Awning
Small water tank and sink
Simple led lights on dc
Mini fridge

Bunks will be hammocks or cots..

Debating on...
Porto potty and maybe an outdoor shower on a instant water heater.

Most of my access isn’t off grid... so prolly run everything on electric.

Propane for barbecue... it’s definitely needed. Everything else is pretty covered

Hammocks suck to sleep in, we tried it. Have you ever tried to get frisky in a hammock... with kilo, it don’t work. We went to a Murphy bed that folds down off the wall,with a motor home sized queen of memory foam. Won’t go flat on you in the middle of the night, The mattress that is.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nothing wrong with a little sweat equity, I would cringe having a nice expensive toy hauler and dragging it up into the woods tearing it up.

Ya those guys wouldn’t go to most of our spots no cement camping or for us and I know you’re the same way! I may be seeing you shortly my friend:)

J

JTW

Propane for barbecue... it’s definitely needed. Everything else is pretty covered

Hammocks suck to sleep in, we tried it. Have you ever tried to get frisky in a hammock... with kilo, it don’t work. We went to a Murphy bed that folds down off the wall,with a motor home sized queen of memory foam. Won’t go flat on you in the middle of the night, The mattress that is.

Oddly enough.... the frisky part I hadn’t considered... VERY good point! I need to see some more pics of yours!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!