P1000 1000-3 Headlights

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I have HID 55 watt 6k bulbs ( these have a slight hint of blue not much though) and I love them, not a single problem out of my kit thus far. But I like the looks of an LED bulb as well so that's my next thing to try.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I need to take one set out and see if it can be modded. How much is one headlight if I screw up?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Try the hxp50. It's twice as bright. As of yet there are only three flashlights that have it but you can buy the bulbs. We just got the ec4s with it. It's very bright but it's pretty small so the reflector isn't as good at long distance. The do have a triple hxp50 replacement for the 3cell maglight I'm looking at but you need the battery setups well Image

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
He xhp50 is fairly large and will need a bigger reflector. It does have a lot of output but as you mentioned earlier, we need intensity so I can be controlled in a smaller reflector. That's where increasing the current for the smaller LED works good.

I've got a light with two MTG2's and those bulbs put out huge numbers but they are so large they're not good for anything but a flood light.

I'm seriously considering buying another headlight for testing. This could be cool.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
He xhp50 is fairly large and will need a bigger reflector. It does have a lot of output but as you mentioned earlier, we need intensity so I can be controlled in a smaller reflector. That's where increasing the current for the smaller LED works good.

I've got a light with two MTG2's and those bulbs put out huge numbers but they are so large they're not good for anything but a flood light.

I'm seriously considering buying another headlight for testing. This could be cool.
Trust me! Look up that mag light replacement! There is a single and triple

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I went thru the mag light mods a few years back and now I enjoy customizing the light completely.
Now, I've got a friend that does the light mods for me as he is better at it than I was and I just don't have time for it anymore.

Here's the list I give people to consider when wanting to purchase a custom 1. Do you want to use rechargeable batteries or primaries? Primaries will reduce the cost of you needing to buy a charger but it will greatly limit the selection of flashlights. The rechargeable batteries are three times the voltage of regular batteries, so you can get a much more powerful flashlight if you use the rechargeable batteries.

2. What size of flashlight are you looking for? I personally own a little more than a dozen that I can show you. He offers lights all the way down to AAA size and all the way up to the size of a toilet plunger.

3. What type of beam will you be wanting? There are basically three to choose from, pencil beam, flood beam or combination. There are other types of flashlights with multiple bulbs that will offer multiple beams patterns within one light.

4. What color of light are you looking for?

5. If you choose a standard white beam, there are multiple tints to choose from.
A. 3000k
B. 4000k
C. 5000k
D. 6000k
E. 6500k
F. 4300k (which is the closest to matching natural sunlight)

The 6000 or 6500 tint will have the most output but it will also have the most glare and things you look at will not appear natural. For example, one of my first flashlights that I got from him was a 6000 K. I was using it while grilling a steak outside in the dark. When I cut open the steak then meet appeared gray and I thought it was fully cooked. After I took the steaks inside, I could then see that they were very rare. I can provide sample pictures of this to help you choose.

6. What type of LED? And how many? There are many to choose from, they will determine the beam pattern and tint.
A. XPG
B. Xml
C. Xhp
D. Mtg
E. Nichia
There are a lot of subcategories of each of the above LED types.

7. After choosing the LED, you can choose to have the LED domes remain untouched, shaved, removed or frosted.

8. What type of driver do you want? Basic? Custom? Or user programmable?

9. Heat control is another area to make choice. If the flashlight won't be used much, you can choose no heat control. If the Flashlight will be used for extended periods of time, you may want to choose to have extra copper installed under the driver to absorb heat away from the bulb and driver.

10. What type of switch do you want? You can choose from forward clicky, reverse clicky, electronic. Then you can choose how many switches you would like to have. Do you prefer to have one switch to turn the lights on and off and another switch to change modes? Or do you want one switch that can do it all?

There are other options like deep water dive light or impact resistant light that can be mounted on firearms with custom pressure switch on off buttons.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If I apply the same mods to the stock headlights, they could be amazing. Especially for people like me that want to see true colors and not harsh intense 6k or higher lights. I prefer 3500-4300 kelvin so colors look true and it reduced eye strain.

The more we talk about this, the more I want to look into modding it. Crap, I ain't got time for this but now I'm really interested.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 12845
Trust me! Look up that mag light replacement! There is a single and triple

My friend is now turning out lights that are triple that lumen and smaller in size. It really is crazy when you start pushing 6-8 amps thru those LEDs. PM me sometime if you're interested in one

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My friend is now turning out lights that are triple that lumen and smaller in size. It really is crazy when you start pushing 6-8 amps thru those LEDs. PM me sometime if you're interested in one
I'm very interested

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!