Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My
I put a $200 down payment on a machine yesterday. After reading everybody's posts, I decided to just build one from the ground up. As I mentioned before I hate red and yellow but those are the only colors available in the deluxe models unless I want to pay another $2000+ for a 2019. In reference to both the deluxe and the LE, many of you commented at selling off the tires, wheels and or aluminum armor. If I buy a deluxe, then I'm stuck with colored panels that I'd need to sell. Now as mentioned with the LE is the different sized axel and the expensive computer brain. It seems to make the most logical sense not to pay all the extra cash for something I'm going to turn round and sell anyway. As far as selling everything off goes, I really don't have the time to mess with all that especially since I plan on heading west within a couple of weeks. So, I decided to just get a base model. I know, I know, I know.....that's not why you would've done....but, in the long run it's just me...I did get them to throw in a roof for an out the door price of $13,529.47
I can cover the red hood with a graphic from Walter and order the green colored plastics for the doors and rear panels for $329. If I buy a deluxe, then I'd be stuck with the ugly colored sides that I'd need to sell as well.
I went head and ordered the SuperATV flip up windshield and will be ordering the UHMW armor today and a winch. Going from stock shocks on my 500 to the stock 1000-5 will probably seem like I'm riding on air, but the fact remains that I can upgrade the shocks to Fox later, after I have recouped some cash. I like the bumper on the LE, but to order one costs $400 and I'm sure I can find other aftermarket bumpers later, for a compatible price. Yes, I have the money to buy an LE but, if I'm gonna be selling the armor and tires, and worrying about additional costs of available axels and computer brains, It seems more logical to just go with a less expensive base model and build it up as opposed to selling off everything in order to buy what I really want.
So let me ask you this, are the aluminum rims and LED lights worth the additional $1000 to buy a deluxe? The LED lights don't seem as important especially if I'm going to install a light bar. I do appreciate everybody's feedback and thank you for the time on here and on the phone with each one of you trying to give me your best advice.

Congratulations on the new pioneer.
The shop mechanic who runs the biggest power sports selling dealership in the NW, says there have been no issues with I4WD, axels or controllers come into their shops.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you do 4 tire rotation on any stock model ?

Reactions: sharp
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd feel more comfortable trailering the 1000 with two axels for long distance. I already had an 18' car hauler to move the tractor around, so instead of buying another trailer, I'm adding another Jobox to the front to haul all the gear like my Honda generator, window unit AC, tools, etc, that I carry with me on my long trips during the summer months. I'm gonna mount 2 lockable jerry can mounts to either side of the box as well. At some point in time, I'd like to get a cargo trailer like @Plumber32 's. I will more than likely leave the trailer ramps here at home before heading west. I don't doubt the 500 could drive up it without ramps let alone the 1000. I originally thought I was gonna buy the LE, so after sanding, I painted the box to match. Then changed my mind and ordered the base model......
IMG 1609
IMG 1610
IMG 1611

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'd feel more comfortable trailering the 1000 with two axels for long distance. I already had an 18' car hauler to move the tractor around, so instead of buying another trailer, I'm adding another Jobox to the front to haul all the gear like my Honda generator, window unit AC, tools, etc, that I carry with me on my long trips during the summer months. I'm gonna mount 2 lockable jerry can mounts to either side of the box as well. At some point in time, I'd like to get a cargo trailer like @Plumber32 's. I will more than likely leave the trailer ramps here at home before heading west. I don't doubt the 500 could drive up it without ramps let alone the 1000. I originally thought I was gonna buy the LE, so after sanding, I painted the box to match. Then changed my mind and ordered the base model......
View attachment 129781 View attachment 129782 View attachment 129783
Where are the phantom pictures of the P1 that you keep referring to? HA!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 129781 View attachment 129782 View attachment 129783
Be careful driving up without ramps. I did that once basically the same trailer and popped it off the ball. Plus it's hard on it to do that.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Be careful driving up without ramps. I did that once basically the same trailer and popped it off the ball. Plus it's hard on it to do that.
Boy that has DA written all over it, but got to get ready for a wedding tonight and have to get my mind set right, your off the hook! HA!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only ramps I found that would handle the p1000 were built for putting a goldwing in a truck

Reactions: sharp and 100Acre

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!