1000-5 enclosure/doors

J

Jasontrabert5

Aug 2, 2021
Columbia City IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all, I just purchased a brand spanking used 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. It has an OEM roof and a glass windshield, I am looking for front and rear upper doors. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good set that isn't $3,000? I really don't mind if they are fabric but I would like them to have their own frame and open with the factory lower doors. If you all know of any I would love to get the brand and maybe a link to where I can purchase.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all, I just purchased a brand spanking used 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. It has an OEM roof and a glass windshield, I am looking for front and rear upper doors. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good set that isn't $3,000? I really don't mind if they are fabric but I would like them to have their own frame and open with the factory lower doors. If you all know of any I would love to get the brand and maybe a link to where I
What brand windshield is it? Some brands don't work with others.

Reactions: Rayger143
J

Jasontrabert5

Aug 2, 2021
Columbia City IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure what brand the windshield it, I think it could be OEM that the original owner added on, here is a picture

20210721 210146

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not familiar with the glass but hopefully someone would chime in soon on it. Seizmik is a good brand. But they have fitment guidelines on their website.

You could probably get away with Honda OE doors front and rear which are fabric framed doors and then do a rear cover and be around $1200

Reactions: ChadD and Rayger143
J

Jasontrabert5

Aug 2, 2021
Columbia City IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I already have a rear cover that I think may be OE but I'm also not sure. Do you know of a good website to purchase the OE doors from?

Reactions: ChadD and Rayger143
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you do some searching around you can typically find some good deals and prices. Otherwise if you have a website you prefer like Amazon or eBay you could probably find them on there.

Some websites try to sale or coupon each other so if you are patient you can sometimes get some good deals.

When I bought my OE fabric front doors I paid $350 for a new open box set from ebay.

Reactions: Rayger143 and ChadD
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are ok. They don't really seal on their own and there are a couple of threads on here of people finding ways to seal them with foam tape. I felt like it made my interior fog up. I do not have a heater.

You will most likely be ok with the fog. You have the glass windshield and can add a wiper. I have a flip up SuperATV plexiglass and you are not supposed to put a wiper on them it scratches them.

advertisement
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How do you like the OE doors? Do they seal up decent?
The soft doors do a good job of keeping the weather off of you but I wouldn’t use the word seal. The top has less air coming through the fabric top than through the gap in bottom of door Or the sifters. Don’t get me wrong I like mine they play well with the oem roof and my two piece windshield but I want you to know what your getting. The straps for the door releases aren’t great either.

J

Jasontrabert5

Aug 2, 2021
Columbia City IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thank you all for the tips and suggestions! has anyone done any performance upgrades? i would love to get a little more power and top end? are any of the chips out there any good? are there any other upgrades available? has anyone installed any talon parts or ECM?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are some people with tuners. You really can't do much to gain big power to a pioneer. People find it can break things easily. So people usually just tune them and enjoy them. I can't remember the model but from what I have read the best box tune is a dynojet with O2 sensor.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!