Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Turned 1000 on Saturday. Most of my riding has been faster trail riding in northern wis.
Pros:
Size for a 5 seat is fantastic
Power, it's plenty fast 66mph.
Noise is nearly non existence for an atv.
Looks- every place I go it garners attention. People love it.
Rear suspension is great.
Transmission is cool, I love the option of all the different options of driving this thing.
Ease of maintaining. Just change the the oil, and go. No grease zerks to screw with. I drive in alot of sandy trails the bushings and breaks are perfect. All the other non Hondas I ride with have had to do bushings, heat shields rattling ect before a 1000.
There's other things I'm forgetting but these stand out to me in comparison to the competition, sport or utility.

Things I'm so so on or should be improved.
Front suspension. Just make it preload adjustable.
Heat shields- could use some. But it's easy to fix and was never a real issue until I read to much about it :)
Storage needs more
Could be shorter in height.

Things I can't stand
Nothing....
Also 0 repairs needed

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great review. I didn't even think to do one when mine hit 1000 week or so ago. Nothing to report anyways.....still zero problems and still love the hell out of it!!! Lmao.

Reactions: pct and Plumber32
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've learned over the years that "forums" are great and one can learn so much from others in these places. But, also that problems are sometime way over magnified... such a small majority of owners actually participate in these venues. Seeing that I'm picking up my machine tomorrow, love reading about someone with a 1000 miles and nothing but smiles! I've owned several Honda products and have had great luck with them all.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wait until you get 2500 mi, it gets even better!! I've had my p1kd 4 months now and 2500 mi and it seems to get smoother and quiter every ride and I've had no problems.
Amazing, good to know. Mine mostly sits in the garage, waiting for camping trips and hunting season. Politically correct and liberal minded (mostly Priuses) western Washington sucks. They allow golf carts in some towns but not Pioneers, street legal with seat belts and roll bars???

100 0954

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wait until you get 2500 mi, it gets even better!! I've had my p1kd 4 months now and 2500 mi and it seems to get smoother and quiter every ride and I've had no problems.
Wow, 2,500 miles in four months. That's some serious riding. :cool:

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Turned 1000 on Saturday. Most of my riding has been faster trail riding in northern wis.
Pros:
Size for a 5 seat is fantastic
Power, it's plenty fast 66mph.
Noise is nearly non existence for an atv.
Looks- every place I go it garners attention. People love it.
Rear suspension is great.
Transmission is cool, I love the option of all the different options of driving this thing.
Ease of maintaining. Just change the the oil, and go. No grease zerks to screw with. I drive in alot of sandy trails the bushings and breaks are perfect. All the other non Hondas I ride with have had to do bushings, heat shields rattling ect before a 1000.
There's other things I'm forgetting but these stand out to me in comparison to the competition, sport or utility.

Things I'm so so on or should be improved.
Front suspension. Just make it preload adjustable.
Heat shields- could use some. But it's easy to fix and was never a real issue until I read to much about it :)
Storage needs more
Could be shorter in height.

Things I can't stand
Nothing....
Also 0 repairs needed
What areas of Wisconsin do you ride? I've been riding Marinette, Forest, Oconto, Iron, Jackson, and Clark counties for years. Wisconsin has really great trails, and the local clubs make for an all around awesome trail riding expiriance! I am considering a P1000-3 for Wisconsin trail riding as well.

Reactions: Plumber32
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

That's some serious miles for the time.

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What areas of Wisconsin do you ride? I've been riding Marinette, Forest, Oconto, Iron, Jackson, and Clark counties for years. Wisconsin has really great trails, and the local clubs make for an all around awesome trail riding expiriance! I am considering a P1000-3 for Wisconsin trail riding as well.
Pretty much stick to tomahawk and Hurley. Jackson and clark are a little to crowded for my liking. They were fine on an atv. I absolutely love Hurley though. Were going to try Marinette again this yr. Also over by Hayward . Imop the Pioneer 1000 is an absolute homerun in wi.

Reactions: Rhino-F350
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pretty much stick to tomahawk and Hurley. Jackson and clark are a little to crowded for my liking. They were fine on an atv. I absolutely love Hurley though. Were going to try Marinette again this yr. Also over by Hayward . Imop the Pioneer 1000 is an absolute homerun in wi.
Well that's really good to hear. As you know, in Wisconsin, trails are often wide, open, and fast pace. From reviews that I read, the 1000 is really the only choice to cruise at a fast pace. Especially, if you're dead set on a Honda.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!