P1000 1000 seat heat shield for sale!

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Received mine last night. It fits perfectly, and seals up all of the problem areas that the heat can come through. Sweet product, I love these $25 mods that really make a difference.

Reactions: Bayouownbeer
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shipping some out tomorrw if anyone wants one?

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Received mine last night. It fits perfectly, and seals up all of the problem areas that the heat can come through. Sweet product, I love these $25 mods that really make a difference.
Good deal!

Sparkyknowsbest

Sparkyknowsbest

Apr 20, 2016
Henderson NV
Hmmm, glad American enginuity is still alive. I want one provided it does not interfere with any other items on the machine and that I can see or read how to best make it fit. Thanks!

(For my 2016 Honda 1000-5 Deluxe/George Foreman Grille in Artic White). Ha!

To Honda: Come'on man! Do a recall and fix this issue once and for all. Your rep is at stake.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmmm, glad American enginuity is still alive. I want one provided it does not interfere with any other items on the machine and that I can see or read how to best make it fit. Thanks!

To Honda: Come'on man! Do a recall and fix this issue once and for all. Your rep is at stake.

I sent you private message.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't know how to access your private message at the top of the forum page all the way to the right there is a magnifying glass just to left of that is red box with a number in it. Click that then click the envelope.

R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd like one.

Do you think you can add two of them together for additional heat stop?

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd like one.

Do you think you can add two of them together for additional heat stop?
I think it would be too thick. This stuff is 5/16" thick under the seat and when you double it up behind the seat your at least 1/2" thick with it being compressed. Send me you PayPal email and I'll send invoice if you would like one

advertisement
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes the 1000-5 Deluxe.

I'll have to create a paypal account and get back with you.
Ok I'm shipping out in morning if you get it to me tonight. I'll be up until 1130 central

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Any News on the 700's yet ?

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any News on the 700's yet ?
Yes I had a chance to look at one this past weekend while out riding. I decided it wasn't going to work or look as good as the 1000. The back of the seat on the 700 doesn't really butt up against anything. The sheild would show like crazy behind to seat and be really tacky looking. So I don't think it would be as good of a product to sell as the one for the 1000 is. It would possibly work some but it wouldn't seal the back as well. I'd really have to spend some more time than I had on it. And do some accual testing to feel comfortable putting them out. Maybe what I could do is make one up next time I run across a 700 and let one of you do the testing on it.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone's buns get a little to toasty after this weekends riding. I have the solution ready to ship.

D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
My buns are nice and cool after installing your heat shield. It worked great and was installed in less than a minute. Thanks again

Reactions: Bayouownbeer
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My buns are nice and cool after installing your heat shield. It worked great and was installed in less than a minute. Thanks again
Lol that's great. Glad I could help keep the buns from burning.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!