Team99

Jan 30, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
What all kind of maintenance is involved and did you have to buy bigger wheels

D

DDDonkey

I had to buy 15" wheels for the pioneer, and now run a 35" tall tire with no issues at all. For the extra maintenance of the portals, it is just changing the oil. The portal is just a gear reduction box at each tire. I think you need to change the fluid at 30-50 miles for the break in and then every 'X' number of miles depending upon your riding style. I change the fluids in my every 600 miles for my type of riding after taking to SATV and only use portal blood from SATV, but I ride out in the desert and woods so I'm not submerging them in water and mud like others. Takes 45 min to change the fluid, the hardest part is removing the wheels to get to the portal.

I would do it again and have no regrets.

T

Team99

Jan 30, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wow you have 35s on the pioneer did you have to get extended a arms

T

Team99

Jan 30, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had to buy 15" wheels for the pioneer, and now run a 35" tall tire with no issues at all. For the extra maintenance of the portals, it is just changing the oil. The portal is just a gear reduction box at each tire. I think you need to change the fluid at 30-50 miles for the break in and then every 'X' number of miles depending upon your riding style. I change the fluids in my every 600 miles for my type of riding after taking to SATV and only use portal blood from SATV, but I ride out in the desert and woods so I'm not submerging them in water and mud like others. Takes 45 min to change the fluid, the hardest part is removing the wheels to get to the portal.

I would do it again and have no regrets.
[/QU
What offset wheels did you have to get

D

DDDonkey

Wow you have 35s on the pioneer did you have to get extended a arms

Yes I run the SATV rear a-arms and Texas Tough Custom (TTC) front a-arms (with no lift) with no rubbing at all. I know there are people on here that run the TTC full set of a-arms and have 38" tires.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!