$13 plow mount

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
We got quite a bit of snow at my house recently. Enough that I almost didn't make it out of the driveway. Needless to say it made me realize I need to quit procrastinating on getting a plow mounted.

Well I have an old Cycle Country blade with their "universal" push bar from back in 2007. I used to have it mounted to my CanAm Outlander (sold it to buy the P500) I kept the setup figuring I could get it mounted to the P500 somehow. And after searching the internet I came to the conclusion I didn't like any of my options. It was build time.

I set the push tube under the P500 and found that the best spot, IMO, to hook in was going to be right where the frame widened out. So I did some digging around and found some .25" thick steel strap that was 2.5" wide. I cut four pieces at a 4" length. I stacked all four pieces and drilled three holes to allow 3/8" bolts through. Next I removed the front skid. I then used a .5" piece of scrap steel as a spacer and clamped one of my plates to the frame. I drilled holes through frames using the plate as a template. After drilling two holes on both frame sides I sandwiched each frame piece between two plates. Bolted them up with two 3/8" by 3" grade 8 bolts with lock washers. Torque was stretched not stripped and I said "Click click". I then brought the skid plate up made a mark. I cut two notches out with a skill saw and buttoned it back up. Finished. With the test fit i noticed a gawl between my plates and the push tube bracket. Threw some round steel on the lathe and made four shims. I have no clue on what those specs were. At that point i was urgent to get plowing. I bet a bunch of washers jb welded or task welded together would work too. Been working like a champ. Sorry about the lack of pics, blue prints, and effective writing.

IMG 20170123 194224

IMG 20170123 194235

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We got quite a bit of snow at my house recently. Enough that I almost didn't make it out of the driveway. Needless to say it made me realize I need to quit procrastinating on getting a plow mounted.

Well I have an old Cycle Country blade with their "universal" push bar from back in 2007. I used to have it mounted to my CanAm Outlander (sold it to buy the P500) I kept the setup figuring I could get it mounted to the P500 somehow. And after searching the internet I came to the conclusion I didn't like any of my options. It was build time.

I set the push tube under the P500 and found that the best spot, IMO, to hook in was going to be right where the frame widened out. So I did some digging around and found some .25" thick steel strap that was 2.5" wide. I cut four pieces at a 4" length. I stacked all four pieces and drilled three holes to allow 3/8" bolts through. Next I removed the front skid. I then used a .5" piece of scrap steel as a spacer and clamped one of my plates to the frame. I drilled holes through frames using the plate as a template. After drilling two holes on both frame sides I sandwiched each frame piece between two plates. Bolted them up with two 3/8" by 3" grade 8 bolts with lock washers. Torque was stretched not stripped and I said "Click click". I then brought the skid plate up made a mark. I cut two notches out with a skill saw and buttoned it back up. Finished. With the test fit i noticed a gawl between my plates and the push tube bracket. Threw some round steel on the lathe and made four shims. I have no clue on what those specs were. At that point i was urgent to get plowing. I bet a bunch of washers jb welded or task welded together would work too. Been working like a champ. Sorry about the lack of pics, blue prints, and effective writing.

View attachment 31612

View attachment 31613

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
That's really cool. Necessity, the mother of invention!

Reactions: Stoney

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!