P1000m5 14" Beadlock Wheels with SuperATV GDP Portals

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All,

I wanted to get opinions on wheel selection for use with the new SuperATV GPD Portals. I plan to pre-order the 4" portals here by the end of the month, and wanted to get the beadlocked wheels ordered at the same time.

I was thinking 5+2 wheels on the front, and 4+3 wheels on the rear. Reading other post, people have been putting 1" spacers on the rear (with 5+2 on all 4 corners), to make front/rear track width the same. I don't want to deal with spacers.

Am I missing something here? Would this wheel arrangement make front/rear track width the same, so that I could get by without needing the spacers? Also, it sounds like 6+1 wheels (or stock fronts) will not work with the SuperATV portals, so this is a good excuse to get new ones. Blew a rear off the bead last ride when I slid of a mud bank. I am hoping beadlock helps prevent some of that.

All opinions are appreciated.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot to mention. Tires will be Blackwater Evolution 30x10-14 on all 4 corners.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot to mention. Tires will be Blackwater Evolution 30x10-14 on all 4 corners.
I would prolly rather have different offset on the rim rather than spacer but you lose rotating option or same size spare option plus limited rim selection. Above 28 evo's run small,with that lift you might want the new bigger blackwaters

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would prolly rather have different offset on the rim rather than spacer but you lose rotating option or same size spare option plus limited rim selection. Above 28 evo's run small,with that lift you might want the new bigger blackwaters

Thanks. Well damnit, I only see the 30's on the ITP website. Guess I'll have to sell the 30's, and wait for the bigger ones

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They have 32" blackwaters on the ITP website now. Only offered in 15" wheel though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flip87

Flip87

Jun 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All,

I wanted to get opinions on wheel selection for use with the new SuperATV GPD Portals. I plan to pre-order the 4" portals here by the end of the month, and wanted to get the beadlocked wheels ordered at the same time.

I was thinking 5+2 wheels on the front, and 4+3 wheels on the rear. Reading other post, people have been putting 1" spacers on the rear (with 5+2 on all 4 corners), to make front/rear track width the same. I don't want to deal with spacers.

Am I missing something here? Would this wheel arrangement make front/rear track width the same, so that I could get by without needing the spacers? Also, it sounds like 6+1 wheels (or stock fronts) will not work with the SuperATV portals, so this is a good excuse to get new ones. Blew a rear off the bead last ride when I slid of a mud bank. I am hoping beadlock helps prevent some of that.

All opinions are appreciated.
How do you get in on the preorder for the super atv portals. I have been waiting on them to release something. They are the only ones with lifetime warrenty.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you get in on the preorder for the super atv portals. I have been waiting on them to release something. They are the only ones with lifetime warrenty.

Yeah, there are a couple companies coming out with Portals for the Pioneer 1000 (UTV Solutions, SXS Gear, SuperATV). Supposedly all within the next month or 2. I want to say I saw the SuperATV add on facebook. After reading a bunch of portal reviews, it sounded like others were relatively happy with the SuperATV gear. You should get a set, and let me know how it goes :)

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Did you end up getting them? How do you like them? What size tire did you end up running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!