1400 mile update

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
It's been a while since I posted so I figured I'd share a few experiences..
Current mileage 1400 mi
Ownership 1 yr 2 months
Tires are less than 50%
Front axle broke at 1300 miles and was on backorder for 2 months. So I cut the shaft off and made it work in 2wd. My buddies axle broke at 80 miles as well. ($135)
Water pump was leaking out of weep hole and had to replace 1 month out of warranty. My other buddies leaked at 1100 miles too. ($135)
Installed two boss atv20 on roll bar with ratchet straps ($250)...amazing sound. DO NOT buy the Bluetooth model!
Adjusted valves 2X
Oil change 4x
New air oem air filter at 1400 mi ($10)
12 inch led light bar ($120)
Canvas roof oem ($120)
Hardcoat windshield oem ($350)
4500 lb promark offroad synthetic winch and cycle country mount ($360)
Cycle country 72 inch plow front mount ($760)
Rear 6inch led ($25)
1 set front and rear pads (150)
6 gang marine grade dash panel ($60)
I haven't used the winch or plow yet. Just purchased both.
I think that's it for now. Will update once plow is used

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
So are you happy with your pioneer? Seems you've had some problems that the rest of us have not. I'm sitting at 800 miles and have not have a single issue. How'd you and your buddy manage to break axles.

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
I am happy with my pioneer. As far as the axle...I tore a cv boot in mud and the outer cv knuckle locked up. The bearing race broke and that was it. Nothing honda could have done about that. Not sure about my friends though. His did the same thing but with no boot tear and less than 80 miles. I was with him. Same symptoms. I am concerned about the water pump though. Not sure if it went bad internally or the hose at the bottom that prevents mud from entering weep hole fell off. I'd watch that to make sure the hose is still on. Also! Real IMPORTANT... my oil fill hose that goes from the fill cap to the engine was rubbing on the white piece of plastic. Caught it just before it rubbed through. It vibrates and barely touches the plastic piece slowly rubbing th rough the rubber hose. If that tears, anything and everything will enter the hose and blow the engine no doubt. I am not easy on it but not hard on it either. I ride it to have fun but not to baby it nor beat it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!