BOX1

15 inch 6+1 offset

D

denniswestfall

Oct 11, 2018
US
I've got a set of 28" interco snipers on system 3 beadlocks. I bought them for an area I ride that has lots of gravel/dirt seasonal roads and pavement between areas. I dont need my 32's riding this area,and dont want to wear them out on pavement. it's more high speed rally type riding with whoops and occasional muddy washouts. The snipers have been outstanding, machine goes where you point it, with lots of traction on the loose gravel. I've got about 250 miles on them. When these wear out, I'm going to stud them for winter lake racing and buy a set in 30". 1b56e617a33dd8b42aa0903836c856ba4ab3b834afa5f6b5aeb3b0d237bfda2c

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID
Roborlilw

Roborlilw

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Tucson,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
This is what i believe on the tires, and the answers i was looking for on wheels. The terrabites are about 50% tread left. I think i will replace them ( bfg km3 ), sell the terrabites for whatever i can get and move on. Thanks
Welcome from Southern Arizona.
I'm runnining the ITP Hurricanes 15x 7's but they have the 5+2 offset and a 1 1/2 in spacer in the rear with 235/75R15 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 tires.
What size Terrabites do you have?

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I'm about to buy the HD9 wheels for my Talon and know nothing about beadlocks other than the idea behind them. Can I mount my own tires 'easily' with beadlocks (does one bead remove)? Someone suggested RTV as a bead sealer but I'm concerned about it skimming over before I can get the bead tightened - is there a 'real' bead sealer that won't skim over before tightened? Redundant question - will the bead sealer pretty much solve the 'beadlock leak' ?

fwiw: although I'm competent mechanically, I'm north of 70 and don't enjoy constant maintenance anymore, I just wanna ride (why I bought a Honda). A perpetually leaking set of wheels will eventually 'catch me out' and I'd like for that to NOT happen. (yes, I carry a pump)
I totally get what your saying CID.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes they do, that is what i'm running because i don't want to run wheel spacers.
Neither do I. I stopped in the dealer yesterday and he can get me the HD9s at a good price so I ordered a set - 2 are in stock, 2 are back ordered. Hopefully this won't turn into a 'can't get 'em, no idea when they'll ship' situation. :oops: My stock tires are about done, I can't wait long. :eek:

I went with the center wheel (polished spokes) but black bead lock rings. I wanted red rings (and why they're crudely MS Painted) but those rings are only available in 14". I tried emailing STI twice about getting red on 15" rings but no reply. At some point I might get them done locally. Anyone know if aluminum can be powder coated - I thought that was a magnetic process of some sort? Or can aluminum be 'charged' to hold the powder?
I vhrGfMs XL

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm about to buy the HD9 wheels for my Talon and know nothing about beadlocks other than the idea behind them. Can I mount my own tires 'easily' with beadlocks (does one bead remove)? Someone suggested RTV as a bead sealer but I'm concerned about it skimming over before I can get the bead tightened - is there a 'real' bead sealer that won't skim over before tightened? Redundant question - will the bead sealer pretty much solve the 'beadlock leak' ?

fwiw: although I'm competent mechanically, I'm north of 70 and don't enjoy constant maintenance anymore, I just wanna ride (why I bought a Honda). A perpetually leaking set of wheels will eventually 'catch me out' and I'd like for that to NOT happen. (yes, I carry a pump)

Yep, you can do it easily. I'd never done it before. Took maybe 30 min per wheel. Haven't leaked air yet, been a month or two. No sealer in or on mine. Just soap and water, 1/4" drive inlb torque wrench and 10mm socket, 5 gallon bucket, and a crappy pancake style air compressor.

Reactions: IDIOT and CID
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from Southern Arizona.
I'm runnining the ITP Hurricanes 15x 7's but they have the 5+2 offset and a 1 1/2 in spacer in the rear with 235/75R15 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 tires.
What size Terrabites do you have?
30/10/15. Replacements will be the bfg km3 32/10/15. Loss of acceleration is of no concern to us, hoping to smooth the ride a little more. Just turned over 10000 miles, 125 mile days are quite common so comfort is key to us old fuddyduddys

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Yes they do, that is what i'm running because i don't want to run wheel spacers.
What’s the offset (if any) of the OEM on the Talon X???

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Neither do I. I stopped in the dealer yesterday and he can get me the HD9s at a good price so I ordered a set - 2 are in stock, 2 are back ordered. Hopefully this won't turn into a 'can't get 'em, no idea when they'll ship' situation. :oops: My stock tires are about done, I can't wait long. :eek:

I went with the center wheel (polished spokes) but black bead lock rings. I wanted red rings (and why they're crudely MS Painted) but those rings are only available in 14". I tried emailing STI twice about getting red on 15" rings but no reply. At some point I might get them done locally. Anyone know if aluminum can be powder coated - I thought that was a magnetic process of some sort? Or can aluminum be 'charged' to hold the powder?
View attachment 214236
Good choice, Great looking wheel.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anyone know if aluminum can be powder coated - I thought that was a magnetic process of some sort? Or can aluminum be 'charged' to hold the powder?
Yes, it can be powder coated. Thats a bout as much as I can help you with though. My cousin works in metal shop and they fab a lot of aluminum railings and such. They outsource the powder coating. Beautiful finish also.

S

Sreed

May 26, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon R
i have system 3 as well with tusk terrabites, 3 months no loss at all i did have bead lock seal put on upfront was 12$ a tire

Reactions: CID and TripleB
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just a quick update, the bfg's have been mounted for a week with zero pressure loss. The terrabites measured 7/16" at the bead, the bfg's measured 11/16". 1/4" is quite a lot of difference. I understand that a lot of people run the terrabites with good luck, but it seems to me that all terrabites may not be created equally. Maybe i just got a bad set.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just a quick update, the bfg's have been mounted for a week with zero pressure loss. The terrabites measured 7/16" at the bead, the bfg's measured 11/16". 1/4" is quite a lot of difference. I understand that a lot of people run the terrabites with good luck, but it seems to me that all terrabites may not be created equally. Maybe i just got a bad set.
Bead clamp width on System 3 and STI wheels is 10 mm. You should shoot for a 25% crush but at least 20% to avoid leaks. That means the bead needs to be at least 12 mm and preferably 13 to 14 mm. 7/16 = 11 mm so that is why the Terrabites are hard to seal.

The variation in the bead thickness makes some of them leak and some not. I had one that only lost 1 psi a week but another that lost 1-2 psi a day and the other 2 somewhere in the middle but I never measured all of mine to see if there was a difference.

11/16 = 17+ mm so you will experience bead ring "coning" if you are not careful. DO NOT over torque the ring bolts and you will need to constantly re-torque your rings because they are not bottomed out and the rubber will compress over time.

Reactions: BlackCSVT and CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!