P1000 1st service nearly $600!!!!! WTH!!!!!

B

Bartnc37

Nov 15, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look I realize these are complicated and expensive machines, but when I can do an oil change on my $50k truck for $100 with full synthetic this is ridiculous. I don't know how any dealer or rep can stand there with a straight face and say that is an acceptable service price for a $20k machine with 119 miles on it. What a flipping joke

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Look I realize these are complicated and expensive machines, but when I can do an oil change on my $50k truck for $100 with full synthetic this is ridiculous. I don't know how any dealer or rep can stand there with a straight face and say that is an acceptable service price for a $20k machine with 119 miles on it. What a flipping joke
Yep, the dealer here charges $ 129.99 per hour for shop work.

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If all they did was an oil change then ya, I'd be pissed too.
What does your paperwork say they did?

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01
B

Bartnc37

Nov 15, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The work order says they checked valve clearance, but literally just like that, 3 words, they didn't breakdown labor or anything. Also, seriously $4 in freight charges for bulk oil and two filters. All in all they socked on almostb$40 in additional b.s. fees on top of their quote of $500 and then if course the govt got their cut v

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
D

donia

Sep 25, 2020
Miss’ippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The guvment, she do take a bite, don’t she?
I think my initial service was $389ish, but that’s been a year or so, ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Lady01 and Wellzy
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok...
If they did in fact check the valves then that is about right.

Did you ask for valve service?
You could argue it was not "noisy" when you bought it in.
The first service only requires valve check "if noisy".

B

Bartnc37

Nov 15, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as the " noisy" I guess I thought that was only optional on the subsequent services. Believe me it would not have crossed the dealers threshold otherwise. I bought the warranty in a moment of weakness and figured I might as well keep it active

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer quoted over $800, you got a deal and they do go over more then just an oil change, checking valves on these isn’t a quick job.

Reactions: Lady01
M

model71

Feb 18, 2021
Thunder Bay
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My initial service at the dealer was oils and filters only.
120, for oil, filters, 105, for labour.
Now the good part, I checked the work the next day, transmission oil was not even hitting the dip stick.
All I got for the poor quality of service was a gallon of oil.
Not impressed.

H

hhudson1

Jan 1, 2021
Suches, Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did the oil change myself. Learned alot. There are some really good videos on it. It took me several hrs but when I do it again it will be much faster. Yes my sub transmission level was low. My diff also low but easy fixes. Suspect levels low from the factory.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did the oil change myself. Learned alot. There are some really good videos on it. It took me several hrs but when I do it again it will be much faster. Yes my sub transmission level was low. My diff also low but easy fixes. Suspect levels low from the factory.
Your dealer is supposed to check these and top them off before selling.

H

hhudson1

Jan 1, 2021
Suches, Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My salesman told me that the first service would be approximately $270.00. Engine oil, and filter. Trans. Fluid, and filter. Air filter. Lube, And some other checks. ???
I bought an oil and air filter kit on Amazon and it was like $114.00. If they are going to change the air filter, I don't think that is a bad price at all.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I don't like dealer service department charges any more than anyone else but let's take a minute to think about the dealer's position.

For the last six to nine months dealers have been struggling to survive with very slow or no sales. They've had nothing to sell. We've seen many prospective buyers complaining here that they've been unable to find a new Pioneer or Talon to buy. I think it's been the same with motorcycles and four wheel atvs.

If we expect them to be there when we need them we'll have to support them by buying service. Dealers, salesmmen, partrs pros, and service techs have to survive also.

No, I don't work for a dealership.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't like dealer service department charges any more than anyone else but let's take a minute to think about the dealer's position.

For the last six to nine months dealers have been struggling to survive with very slow or no sales. They've had nothing to sell. We've seen many prospective buyers complaining here that they've been unable to find a new Pioneer or Talon to buy. I think it's been the same with motorcycles and four wheel atvs.

If we expect them to be there when we need them we'll have to support them by buying service. Dealers, salesmmen, partrs pros, and service techs have to survive also.

No, I don't work for a dealership.
I agree to a point, but aren't we all in that same boat?

Reactions: BigOL3 and Lady01
P

Piercej40

May 16, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 1st oil change on my P1K-5 is still 80 miles away. I plan on doing the work myself, I have watched a couple of videos on this. My question is do I have to do anything special to reset the computer so it knows I have changed the oil? Thanks in advance.

Jim

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!