P1000 1st weekend out

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
Here is a pic of my setup, Duramax, 30' bumper pull toy hauler, and of course the Pioneer 1000-5D. Fits in 10' garage in the toy hauler, snug, but she fits. Rode in snow, mud, sun, night, about 90 miles total, performed awesome. Getting used to a shifting transmission is going to take a little while, but it worked great, I didn't do anything technical, other then forest road trails, some decent climbs, no shuddering. Engine quit one time while idling, not sure why, only did it once, never again. Didnt open it up, but I did find out it goes fast enough on the trails, ride is smooth, maybe not rzr smooth, but for what Id call a sport/work combo, it has a great ride. Only thing I may need to do is modify throttle set up, shin gets a but sore after a while.

Need to add accessories now. Winch #1, looking at either wind deflector windshield or the vented full wind shield for #2, and I need tunes, so a bluetooth speaker bar #3, and then led lights, maybe.

Anyone on the fence about buying the Pioneer, no machine is perfect, but this one fits my needs, #1 (tie) fits in toy hauler and fits 5 people, #3 can haul lots of firewood, #4, sporty enough for me and is useful around the campsite.

20160507 1827301

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Who would suspect that in the belly of that toy hauler lies a monster just waiting to be un-caged! Great set-up! But seriously, I have the deflector windshield on mine and its not bad, my choice was based on visibility.

Reactions: dotman1
J

JMRubicon

May 3, 2016
Harrodsburg Ky
I have a toy hauler with a 10ft garage also and mine barely fits. I don't think it will fit with the roller fairlead. I want to go with synthetic rope anyway so that makes the hawse fairlead even better. Very nice setup, glad you like the Pioneer.

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
Who would suspect that in the belly of that toy hauler lies a monster just waiting to be un-caged! Great set-up! But seriously, I have the deflector windshield on mine and its not bad, my choice was based on visibility.
Thanks! yeah, I will probably go with the deflector, just a little something to get some wind off me. I dont mind getting a bit dirty, and in the Rocky Mtns you always have to be prepared for any weather, usually all in the same day, so we always have cold weather riding gear with anyways.

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
I have a toy hauler with a 10ft garage also and mine barely fits. I don't think it will fit with the roller fairlead. I want to go with synthetic rope anyway so that makes the hawse fairlead even better. Very nice setup, glad you like the Pioneer.
ThanksJM. A winch for me wont be a problem, I don't have the wall separating garage from rest of unit, only bed and bathroom are separate. But yes, I measured about 116" overall, back to front at longest points, if you have a wall it will be close. Once I am in the garage, I have just enough room to crawl out the driver side door Dukes of Hazard style, because there isn't enough room to open door and squeeze out.

Reactions: JMRubicon
J

JMRubicon

May 3, 2016
Harrodsburg Ky
ThanksJM. A winch for me wont be a problem, I don't have the wall separating garage from rest of unit, only bed and bathroom are separate. But yes, I measured about 116" overall, back to front at longest points, if you have a wall it will be close. Once I am in the garage, I have just enough room to crawl out the driver side door Dukes of Hazard style, because there isn't enough room to open door and squeeze out.

I do have the separate garage. I have about 2" in the front and rear when the ramp is closed. I took my toy hauler to the dealer and loaded a Pioneer up to make sure it would fit before I bought one. lol I wasn't taking any chances.

Reactions: dotman1
jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
I do have the separate garage. I have about 2" in the front and rear when the ramp is closed. I took my toy hauler to the dealer and loaded a Pioneer up to make sure it would fit before I bought one. lol I wasn't taking any chances.
Nice, I did too, parked it in their lot and took up like 20 parking spots, got some funny looks, but it was important to me, the sales guy understood. My closest points actually are the wall cabinets, I have to angle in just right or the rear ROPS will hit the side cabinets

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
While riding I did notice some squeeks and rattles and what sounded like some loose bolts somewhere, but there are a lot of moving parts on this thing, so I wasn't worried, but I will go through it all and tighten every little bolt or screw I can find, probably will do so every so often. The quietness over all of the engine was amazing, did get a little whine from the transmission, but that's probably normal, right? Again, a lot of moving parts.

advertisement
J

JMRubicon

May 3, 2016
Harrodsburg Ky
I believe its normal. The whine from the transmission or differentials is loud because the motor is so quiet. Other than the super low speed shudder I am completely impressed with mine and I think with a little more getting used to it and a little more break in I can almost eliminate that. I hope so at least.

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a pic of my setup, Duramax, 30' bumper pull toy hauler, and of course the Pioneer 1000-5D. Fits in 10' garage in the toy hauler, snug, but she fits. Rode in snow, mud, sun, night, about 90 miles total, performed awesome. Getting used to a shifting transmission is going to take a little while, but it worked great, I didn't do anything technical, other then forest road trails, some decent climbs, no shuddering. Engine quit one time while idling, not sure why, only did it once, never again. Didnt open it up, but I did find out it goes fast enough on the trails, ride is smooth, maybe not rzr smooth, but for what Id call a sport/work combo, it has a great ride. Only thing I may need to do is modify throttle set up, shin gets a but sore after a while.

Need to add accessories now. Winch #1, looking at either wind deflector windshield or the vented full wind shield for #2, and I need tunes, so a bluetooth speaker bar #3, and then led lights, maybe.

Anyone on the fence about buying the Pioneer, no machine is perfect, but this one fits my needs, #1 (tie) fits in toy hauler and fits 5 people, #3 can haul lots of firewood, #4, sporty enough for me and is useful around the campsite.

View attachment 14956
jj88, Thanks for the report. This weekend was my first outing with my Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I agree with you about the throttle placement. Thinking about adding a "heel rest" like I did on my previous ride, 2008 Kawasaki Teryx.

Reactions: jj88

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!