P1000 2016 Honda Pioneer problems

58oldman

Jan 30, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for accepting me. I live in West Virginia. I recently purchased a Honda Pioneer 1000 sxs. When purchased the owner said it has a slight ticking noise and said it was a minor repair. I took it to a a repair shop to have a overall checkup. The repair man said Removed all necessary plastic and covers: air box :took off valve cover and checked valve clearance. All intake and exhaust bakers were out of spec. Removed cam, tensioner, and made intake valve adjustments with shims. Reinstalled cam and made exhaust adjustments. Changed oil and filters, and spark plugs. Checked trans fluids , differential fluids and replaced air filter. Checked suspension components. Upon firing - still had ticking issue noise. Rechecked valve x2. Restarted engine same noise. With further investigation he believes the noise is not the valve train. Said noise would go away under load thinking possibly in clutch area. Anyone else have any issues???? Want to add this has always been worked on at a Honda shop. Thanks in advance.

D

DDDonkey

Is the ticking at idle or while driving? The reason I ask it if you 'lug' the engine you will hear some in the drive train but as soon as you downshift and put a load on it, it should go away.

Can yo post a video, there are some awesome people on hear the may be able to help.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the ticking at idle or while driving? The reason I ask it if you 'lug' the engine you will hear some in the drive train but as soon as you downshift and put a load on it, it should go away.

Can yo post a video, there are some awesome people on hear the may be able to help.
X2, that’s exactly what came to my mind.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome form the Great Lake State!

Some Pics and/or Vidga with the noise would help. How many miles, color, mods and such. Hard to help this situation without a visual.

I would have had the guy accompany you to a dealer to verify the issue or had him provide some documentation before purchasing imo. Might have purchaced his headache , i hope not! What did u give for it?

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB

58oldman

Jan 30, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

When put a load on it the ticking leaves but then comes back.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB

58oldman

Jan 30, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Having a major snow storm at the moment. Will post a video soon. When start it. The ticking is there and no matter what rpm’s it is there.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!