P1000m5 2017 1000-5 PIONEER LE by UTVMI

D

Deleted member 3748

I put the wireless controller in the glove box, I might even put it in a zip-lock bag just to be safe.I think you get it wet Might be bad thing,..:D
Oops... I should have worded that differently. I didn't mean the remote control but the controller with all of the wires coming out of it.

Reactions: utvmi and Dp5hunter
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oops... I should have worded that differently. I didn't mean the remote control but the controller with all of the wires coming out of it.
I would think that the control box must have some short of water proofing, as in the previous pics mine is under the hood so if I have any problems I'll report back.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking around the radiator overflow bottle and that vent line runs just past the bottom of the tank, Are all you guys just dipping theses into the water without, extending this vent tube ? I'm thinking tomorrow I will tie this into the fan vent I ran awhile ago, I'm wondering if some of the over heating people are having is b/c they vented everything but this and dirt and water had entered the cooling system b/c they forgot about this vent line, I can't recall anyone on here talking about venting the Rad Over Flow Tank ????

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rear Rack showed up Now I have to get a cooler and spare..:D
Also notice the second RotoPax Mount under cooler
Rear Rack

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking around the radiator overflow bottle and that vent line runs just past the bottom of the tank, Are all you guys just dipping theses into the water without, extending this vent tube ? I'm thinking tomorrow I will tie this into the fan vent I ran awhile ago, I'm wondering if some of the over heating people are having is b/c they vented everything but this and dirt and water had entered the cooling system b/c they forgot about this vent line, I can't recall anyone on here talking about venting the Rad Over Flow Tank ????
Don't tie the overflow into any vent lines or you are asking for trouble, if it ever overflows the coolant will be in the vent lines

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't tie the overflow into any vent lines or you are asking for trouble, if it ever overflows the coolant will be in the vent lines
Thanks, Yes I thought more about this last night after posting and agree it needs to be its own line and also Its a much larger line then any of the other vent lines.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will be working on some short of routing or plan for the overflow hose tomorrow, Any guys on here want to share what they have done with their overflow Hose for the radiator tank ?

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I went to look at an LE today. Dealer going to fully assemble Monday. So going to test drive it Tuesday or Wednesday. ITS ASWEET LOOKING RIG!

2018's coming up soon. Maybe see what they got?

Either way, I'm excited for you to get a 1000! I really want to see how you'll accessorize it!

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have decided to just run a Marine Grade Check Value on the overflow drain line for now, My thoughts are the rad get hot pushes fluid into the tank, rad cools down and creates vacuum sucks fluid back out of over flow back into rad.

The overflow bottle has plenty of extra space plus the tube for expansion so I will see how this works out, At least no way water is going to get sucked into overflow bottle with warm fluid and cold water witch creates a vacuum also and the River water etc gets sucked into the bottle.

Amazon.com: INHDBOX 8mm 5/16" Fuel Non-Return One Way Check Valve Petrol Diesel Marine Aluminum Alloy: Automotive

If someone else has any thought feel free to chime in....:)
2017 07 23 174850
2017 07 23 175127

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My concern would be this. As the engine heats up and coolant makes its way into the bottle, teh check valve will allow air to escape. When the opposite happens,will it allow air to enter, or will you collapse the bottle?

Reactions: Dp5hunter and utvmi
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with @elkaholic what is the worst that can happen, you get water in the radiator?
What if you cake the rediator with mud then the radiator boils?
Will the check valve be able to handle the flow with out too much restriction?

Seams like you are trying to fix the unbroken.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My concern would be this. As the engine heats up and coolant makes its way into the bottle, teh check valve will allow air to escape. When the opposite happens,will it allow air to enter, or will you collapse the bottle?
The coolant level seem to hardly move once heated up, meaning it doesn't rise very much, I had the same thoughts when I set it up this way about the reverse vacuum, I hope to ride this weekend some and will let ya know what it does..

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with @elkaholic what is the worst that can happen, you get water in the radiator?
What if you cake the rediator with mud then the radiator boils?
Will the check valve be able to handle the flow with out too much restriction?

Seams like you are trying to fix the unbroken.

Its not just water, its water with dirt and other debris in it that can plug things up, Last thing you want is dirt in you cooling system, About the rad over heating and draining out the overflow there should be no problem its high flow check value and its slightly larger diameter then the hose its self.

I have done a lot of reading and most quad guys and other offload vehicle write ups about snorkeling the whole rig were just running the lines to the roof, But my thoughts are who in the hell wants sprayed with hot antifreeze, No thanks.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heat issues with theses 20k plus machines is JUST BS plain and simple....:mad:

I know there are people on here selling heat shield, with that being said I went with the DEI Heat shield its a 4 piece system two pieces under the seat and also two pieces for the passenger rear foot well bought from Rocky Mountain.

It takes a few minutes to remove the seat and seat back and all the plastic, but after that not to bad I had to in large a couple holes on the heat shield but everything else is laser cut to fit with all the holes already in the shield.

Best mod thus far had stopped 99% of the heat, Must have mod for theses machines.

Not sure the material DEI uses but super heavy duty...

DEI Heat Shield Kit | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

2017 08 01 123348