P1000m5 2017 1000-5 PIONEER LE by UTVMI

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HD9 Comp Lock bead locks with Regulators 28x10x14, should be here tomorrow.

HD9 Machined Black 1200px

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still have two rockers I'm not using b/c of they way I wired everything off the PDM60 and the wetsounds is wired direct to the Blue Sea fuse panel, I had originally planed to use one rocker for a dome light and then I came across theses and installed one on the drivers side and passenger side super bright and simple and I'm not using rockers or running wires.

Amazon.com: Rampage Jeep 769801 Roll Bar Mount LED Light: Automotive
Upload 2017 8 1 21 14 57

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is with just one light on..
2017 08 01 212207
2017 08 01 212130
2017 08 01 212151

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heat issues with theses 20k plus machines is JUST BS plain and simple....:mad:

I know there are people on here selling heat shield, with that being said I went with the DEI Heat shield its a 4 piece system two pieces under the seat and also two pieces for the passenger rear foot well bought from Rocky Mountain.

It takes a few minutes to remove the seat and seat back and all the plastic, but after that not to bad I had to in large a couple holes on the heat shield but everything else is laser cut to fit with all the holes already in the shield.

Best mod thus far had stopped 99% of the heat, Must have mod for theses machines.

Not sure the material DEI uses but super heavy duty...

DEI Heat Shield Kit | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

View attachment 50751
Glad to here you like those. I thought about trying one but went with the cheaper version that I bought through here. It and the fan do a great job but I have wondered how the back seat footwell protector worked

Reactions: utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to here you like those. I thought about trying one but went with the cheaper version that I bought through here. It and the fan do a great job but I have wondered how the back seat footwell protector worked
I only bought the shields, No fans, The sheilds work awesome cut the heat 99%

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only bought the shields, No fans, The sheilds work awesome cut the heat 99%
How does it work for the rear passenger foot well? To date I have had no one ride in my back seats so I only know what I read about for the heat back there

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does it work for the rear passenger foot well? To date I have had no one ride in my back seats so I only know what I read about for the heat back there

I doubt that heat shield is going to help it doesn't extend that direction.

Fan (240cfm) helps by a significant margin @60 degrees when it's just sitting at idle. Moving the machine about 5-10 mph makes about a 50degree difference and that's with full skids on it.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't had anyone back there since I installed it today ,but people that have sat back there said it's really bad

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heat issues with theses 20k plus machines is JUST BS plain and simple....:mad:

I know there are people on here selling heat shield, with that being said I went with the DEI Heat shield its a 4 piece system two pieces under the seat and also two pieces for the passenger rear foot well bought from Rocky Mountain.

It takes a few minutes to remove the seat and seat back and all the plastic, but after that not to bad I had to in large a couple holes on the heat shield but everything else is laser cut to fit with all the holes already in the shield.

Best mod thus far had stopped 99% of the heat, Must have mod for theses machines.

Not sure the material DEI uses but super heavy duty...

DEI Heat Shield Kit | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

View attachment 50751

That is what we used and it cut the heat by 80%

Still need to do the fan, Josh at waiting on the Ricochet skid plat to arrive and do both at the same time and the SS brake lines from Jak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter and utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is what we used and it cut the heat by 80%

Still need to do the fan, Josh at waiting on the Ricochet skid plat to arrive and do both at the same time and the SS brake lines from Jak

What year and what model you have, My new LE all ready had some heat shielding stuck on the rear foot wells from factory so the DEI kit went over the factory stuff and covered a lot more area and the seats are thicker on the 2017 models also I already have Full Skids came from factory on the LE models.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year and what model you have, My new LE all ready had some heat shielding stuck on the rear foot wells from factory so the DEI kit went over the factory stuff and covered a lot more area and the seats are thicker on the 2017 models also I already have Full Skids came from factory on the LE models.

2016 1000-5

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 1000-5

I wondering if some of theses things Honda did on the 2017 is helping to cut down the heat issues.

Do you have the factory heat shielding on the rear passenger foot wells ?

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wondering if some of theses things Honda did on the 2017 is helping to cut down the heat issues.

Do you have the factory heat shielding on the rear passenger foot wells ?

No, but installed the shielding kit from DEI

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tires showed up I can't run spacers on the front, when turned all the way to lock there is barley .5" before it rubs the fender well, with out spacers on the front tire set in and clears way better. For now I''m not using the spacers but may just run them on the rear axle.

New tires are a lot quieter on the paved roads....

2017 08 02 155853
2017 08 02 155648
2017 08 02 155643

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have decided to just run a Marine Grade Check Value on the overflow drain line for now, My thoughts are the rad get hot pushes fluid into the tank, rad cools down and creates vacuum sucks fluid back out of over flow back into rad.

The overflow bottle has plenty of extra space plus the tube for expansion so I will see how this works out, At least no way water is going to get sucked into overflow bottle with warm fluid and cold water witch creates a vacuum also and the River water etc gets sucked into the bottle.

Amazon.com: INHDBOX 8mm 5/16" Fuel Non-Return One Way Check Valve Petrol Diesel Marine Aluminum Alloy: Automotive

If someone else has any thought feel free to chime in....:)
View attachment 49739 View attachment 49740
So I wanted to Follow Up with everyone on this.

I have run the machine several times all types of driving 60+ mph 90 plus and humid out and also slow riding around yard trails etc.

I have NOT removed the cap to overflow bottom since the check value was installed witch was back on July 23, machine has been started moved or drove everyday also.

So today I checked the tank again and the fluid was still right at the bottom on the MAX line and hasn't moved so I slowly turn the overflow cap and it had a slight vacuum that lasted maybe 2 seconds.

Coolant level is still unchanged so my theory that there was enough headway and room for the expansion of the Hot coolant seems to be right and there is a slight return vacuum that is not enough to effect the back and forth of Hot and Cold coolant.

So my suggestion is to you guys to buy the $9.00 check value and keep the water and crap out of you cooling system that could enter threw the open vent line into the overflow tank.
I snorkeled everything else and this seem to be the one thing people are skipping when they snorkel their rides...

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just picked this up today for the wife's Birthday, actually she got it a few days early.

Ordered it with the Warn 4500 # Winch

Hard Roof

Rubber Bed mate

Honda Tilt out wind shield

Plan to add second battery and Light Bar, Radio, switches. etc.

Have tailgate cables on the way.

Also ordered one of the Honda 1000 V2 Rack that Brick City Fab sells.

The warning plate is different then the 2016 and there's not a lot of room under the hood.

Not sure how fast or slow this build is going to go..:)
View attachment 45425 View attachment 45426 View attachment 45427 View attachment 45428
Welcome from NW Arkansas, come on down!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and utvmi