P1000 2017 Announcement - November 17th!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
According to @HondaProKevin, a notice has been issues by Honda for the November 17th announcement of the Honda Pioneer 1000.

We expect to see an updated version of the 1000 similar to what we saw with the 700. Looking at confirmed shock improvement offerings from FOX a few new colors and a few safety upgrades similar to the 2017, 700/500.

Our Christmas list also has a request for clutch updates. If granted, we expect these to go unannounced with no "mentioned" improvements from Honda. Yet, a silent product code update could hold the resolution to the clutch and heat issues experienced from the 2016 model.

Patients also show other contraptions in the works such as vapor recovery, for all you lefties, and electronic braking of some sort. However, it is unclear if we will see this in the 2017 Pioneer line or the 2018 Talon 1000 Sport!

Well, for now all we can say is sit back and wait. The 17th will be here and gone before you know it.

More info from @HondaProKevin --> SNEAK PEEK! | (2) New 2017 Honda Motorcycle & Side by Side Model Announcements!

Last edited:
HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
@Hondasxs Thanks for sharing! Greatly appreciated man.

Hope the lil bit of info is of some help as I know many were growing more and more anxious as each day passed by after they 17' Pioneer 500 / 700 announcements came and went with nothing on the 17' Pioneer 1000.

Can't wait to let the cat out of the bag! Between the 17th and EICMA on the 7th, it's going to be a great couple of weeks...

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Hondasxs Thanks for sharing! Greatly appreciated man.

Hope the lil bit of info is of some help as I know many were growing more and more anxious as each day passed by after they 17' Pioneer 500 / 700 announcements came and went with nothing on the 17' Pioneer 1000.

Can't wait to let the cat out of the bag! Between the 17th and EICMA on the 7th, it's going to be a great couple of weeks...
Right back at your avatar @HondaProKevin
Triumph

Reactions: pct and Eltobgi
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been riding in and on Honda's for many years, there is always a lot of mystery wrapped around their product changes from model year to model year!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wish they would've came out a month ago, oh well. I asked my dealer if they had any info on the 17, they told me the only thing they had heard was that it would only run 15 mph without the seat belt buckled.

Reactions: Smitty335 and pct
M

Melikiehonduh

Jun 9, 2014
Honda is offering accessory bonus on p1000....in attempt to clear out 16M....looks like we're getting closer:)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Honda is offering accessory bonus on p1000....in attempt to clear out 16M....looks like we're getting closer:)

Sounds about right good catch!

Reactions: pct
H

HondaTech

Our sales rep said that they've got something new their really antsy to show off. We mentiontoned the Fox shocks on the 1000 and he change the subject super fast as well. Had lots to say about the YZX in the chassis department, Honda apparently really likes that part but said the powertrain isn't up to snuff. Also said if they could offer a sport unit it would be around 110hp with awesome suspension that didnt need a whole lot of maintenance. He said most of the current sport sxs market has trophy truck levels of suspension travel with high maintenance parts, that no one takes care of. He said Honda refuses to sell something that will destroy itself just to be the fastest with the most bling.

M

Melikiehonduh

Jun 9, 2014
Our sales rep said that they've got something new their really antsy to show off. We mentiontoned the Fox shocks on the 1000 and he change the subject super fast as well. Had lots to say about the YZX in the chassis department, Honda apparently really likes that part but said the powertrain isn't up to snuff. Also said if they could offer a sport unit it would be around 110hp with awesome suspension that didnt need a whole lot of maintenance. He said most of the current sport sxs market has trophy truck levels of suspension travel with high maintenance parts, that no one takes care of. He said Honda refuses to sell something that will destroy itself just to be the fastest with the most bling.
Sounds accurate...I also heard Honda Talon is at minimum going to be a 2018 model and not many changes to the P1000....maybe an additional model type...for example a deluxe elite....was hoping intake and clutch performance was going to be fixed but doesn't sound like it....we'll see.

Reactions: pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Btw found out the other day that your 7 seater is illegal as all get out in Wisconsin.

We have seat belts and helmets are required where we ride but they don't enforce it. For the fair this year there we just rolled into town with the trailer loaded with a futon and camp chairs. Drove right by cops on the way there, they don't care lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
We stayed at Mulberry mountain camp ground in AR last weekend and we where riding seven plus sometime with my rear bench seat and no helmet nobody cared. :)

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We stayed at Mulberry mountain camp ground in AR last weekend and we where riding seven plus sometime with my rear bench seat and no helmet nobody cared. :)
Difference with Wisconsin is in addition to 15,000 miles of off road trails we have access to several thousand miles of blacktop county roads as well, so we have real cops as well as dnr to appease

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!