Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well the first shakedown run, Im inpressed with this machine. I did notice some heat. But very happy with the power, stability and feel.
Heres a couple picks of a small climb.
20170729 120939
20170729 123851

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Was there any pucker factor when you got both front wheels off the ground?! Lol Very nice Rig. How do you like your windshield?
Actually didnt really notice the 2 wheels of the ground untill i saw this video.
I had the Honda tilt out whindsheild on my 700. I like this much better, only thing is when its tilted pit i worry about sniging it in tree limbs while on narrow trails. It is nice to have the qind blowing through qhen your leading,Then close when following.
Im satisfied so far.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
OK here's my thoughts
I ran hard yesterday, 4 full grow adults and riding rough trails at about 15 to 20 mph. I needed the shocks on the firm position. When I ran the same trails with 2 people I needed the middle position. So the adjustments deffinetly do make changes. Also these observations are on the factory Bighorns. I will be installing new Rip Saws on all four corners this week. I will revisit these adjustments next week on the same trails.
I tried all the different modes a little. I'm not sure about Sport mode. Seams to me it reves the motor excessive ly before shifting. Auto mode seams to shift alot. Manual mode is something to get used to. 1 plus in Manuel mode it automatically down shifts when you slowdown. Then you only need to upshift. I'm not used to all the shifting.the six speed does.
I don't like having to stop and go from Hi to Low and 2 and 4wd. Also i think it's stuck in 2 WD lock, may be an adjustment. It will go in and out of 2wd and 4wd but not into turf mode.

J

JTW

OK here's my thoughts
I ran hard yesterday, 4 full grow adults and riding rough trails at about 15 to 20 mph. I needed the shocks on the firm position. When I ran the same trails with 2 people I needed the middle position. So the adjustments deffinetly do make changes. Also these observations are on the factory Bighorns. I will be installing new Rip Saws on all four corners this week. I will revisit these adjustments next week on the same trails.
I tried all the different modes a little. I'm not sure about Sport mode. Seams to me it reves the motor excessive ly before shifting. Auto mode seams to shift alot. Manual mode is something to get used to. 1 plus in Manuel mode it automatically down shifts when you slowdown. Then you only need to upshift. I'm not used to all the shifting.the six speed does.
I don't like having to stop and go from Hi to Low and 2 and 4wd. Also i think it's stuck in 2 WD lock, may be an adjustment. It will go in and out of 2wd and 4wd but not into turf mode.
Tram... what makes you think it's stuck? The light or does it feel like the axle is actually locked? Or do you mean the shift lever literally won't go into turf?
I find myself in low manual mostly.. I don't like low auto at all. High when cruising around the neighborhood or between farms and high sport when running fast trails... I like the way it down down shifts sooner even though I agree it feels like it holds it a bit long. Let me know what you think with the upgraded tires and the shocks.

Reactions: Plumber32
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The dash indicator changes from 4 lock to 2lock but doesnt show 2 unlock. The LE has a different dash indicator. I read through the manual and i will retry.
Is the selector lever mechanical ? The lever moves easily through all 3 positions.
Not sure yet if the I4wd is the same.

The shocks are impressive, the Big Horns seam a little soft. The Rip Saws are 6 or 8 ply. So hopping they will be a little stiffer.

J

JTW

I ask because I thought mine wasn't Working right initially... but I was just mistaken because the shifter light didn't light the way I thought it should. Look closely and see if there isn't a small X on the shifter light rear axle when you go from 2 to turf. That's if the displays are the same.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I ask because I thought mine wasn't Working right initially... but I was just mistaken because the shifter light didn't light the way I thought it should. Look closely and see if there isn't a small X on the shifter light rear axle when you go from 2 to turf. That's if the displays are the same.
Thanks ,ill check it out when i get the wheels and new tires back on.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I know on my LE when I go from 2 lock to turf it takes a couple of shifting forward and reverse after moving a little ways to get the 2 lock display to go off and pop back into 1 wheel wonder. Like you said, may need a little adjustment or if it's just the nature of the beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Tramguage1 I have been shifting from turf-4wd while moving since day one. Never a grind or an issue. It won’t shift until you let off the throttle or the trans shifts. It reminds me of the shift on the fly Gm has had for decades in their truck. My light sometimes says it’s still in 2wd lock for a few minutes but I can turn and it doesn’t spin both tires. Not sure why but it does. I wouldn’t lose much sleep over it. I do slow down to a stop or dang near a stop to shift from low to high. Good looking machine buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The book says after shifting,turn eheel left and right while moving forward. So ill try that this evening.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!