P500 2017 P500 model updates

R

Rustell

I wonder how high their sales tax is ? I saw an Arkansas dealer that was selling them for $7,299 , but checked out their sales tax and it was 10.375 %.
I thought our sales tax was awful at 6%. Montana is the only "reasonable" state for sales tax ; it's 0% :)

Don't you have to pay sales tax for the state in which you register... ?

S

Sledge

Not always, Rustell. I don't need to "register".

I'm a Texan, but I bought my P5 in Oklahoma. OK does not require those from other states to pay sales tax.

As I understand it, I would need to pay sales tax to get a Texas title, but I see no need for such. I have a certificate of origin, and a bill of sale, which will suffice if/when I want to sell my P5.

A Texas title is available, but confers no benefits which I can discern, so I shall keep the $700 in my pocket.

I bought an unregulated commodity out-of-state, free from state tax, much as we all do online every day.

Joe

Reactions: trigger and Rustell
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder how high their sales tax is ? I saw an Arkansas dealer that was selling them for $7,299 , but checked out their sales tax and it was 10.375 %.
I thought our sales tax was awful at 6%. Montana is the only "reasonable" state for sales tax ; it's 0% :)
No tax for out of state buyers...

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I came to the realization that no matter where I purchased I had to pay sales tax to get my title, because anything newer than 5 years is required to have a title to register it for stickers to ride on county roads or use it in a SRA (State recreation area) in Indiana.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Interesting, I wonder if they are using the same trans or going to a DCT. Seems like an auto would be really clunky in the existing trans. Also, the canadian replacement shocks that lower the machine 1" are dual rate, wonder if they are just slapping those on there. Was hoping they would add a front locker so we could put it on previous models..oh well.

advertisement
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Not impressed with the minimal changes I see...was hoping for something different (locker instead of auto in the 500 would have been nice)...might be time to go look at that Wolverine for a second machine (a Wolverine with paddle shifting would be my dream-LOL)..I'll keep my current 500 :)

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think a front locker would have been way more valuable than an automatic. But I know a lot of guys have been wanting auto so they'll be happy.

If I was in the market for a 500 I'd go buy a 2016 today at a discount from a dealer trying to make room for 2017's and smile all the way home knowing I just got the best 500 configuration offered, at a steal!

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
P500 is getting an automatic option and dual rate springs.

I said I didn't think there would be any changes. I WAS WRONG!!!!
Where'd you get your info from?

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With no dump bed or locker I will stick with mine...

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
It's almost as if they are competing against themselves...they now have two very comparable machines (500 and 700)..close in cc's with the same features...just a little strange to me...I thought, at least, they would attack the RZR900 and Wolverine machines..at least that is what I had hoped :)

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
I think a front locker would have been way more valuable than an automatic. But I know a lot of guys have been wanting auto so they'll be happy.

If I was in the market for a 500 I'd go buy a 2016 today at a discount from a dealer trying to make room for 2017's and smile all the way home knowing I just got the best 500 configuration offered, at a steal!

That's exactly what I did!

Reactions: Jshell3 and Tflynn
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!