J

JTW

You would think somebody would jump on it, being able to save a chunk of change. But I guess it's tougher for people to get financed when not buying at a dealer.
I can help to take care of that too..

J

JTW

Going to pick up a '16 P1K at Southern Honda ?

IMG 1149 IMG 1150

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Depends on your wants and needs.. I'd like another 20mph and the girls liked it more than I thought.. so we're getting a 5 seater and doing the family thing
For a husband and wife w/o kids scenario, would you think it would be satisfying for trail riding?

J

JTW

For a husband and wife w/o kids scenario, would you think it would be satisfying for trail riding?
Depends how hard you're going to drive.. I found myself pushing it more than I liked. And the need for a small machine isn't as important as I thought it would be. It also just depends on what you want to spend.. 10k or 15k?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

For me if it were just the two of you.. I'd look at the Honda 1000 and the Yamaha wolverine if you're just looking for a good trail machine. Although I really like the p500 it is more geared toward utility and doesn't have the comfort a larger machine has. So it really just depends on how and where you're going to ride!

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Congrats @JTW! Can't wait to see the new P1K:). How about some pics of driving it like you took with the P5 without actually having it in your possessiono_O lol.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500

That is almost exclusively what we do with ours. We aren't speed demons though, dirt roads at 30 mph and most off-road at 8-10mph. We could go faster in some of the hayfields, but we are always trying to spot wildlife and respect the "permissions" we have. Many of the woods trail we go on are "self" maintained, and bigger sxs would be a very tight squeeze. Even on our own property, I have a 5' brush hog only leaves a few inches to each side. I'd suggest to start your own thread and describe where and how you would like to ride, and get allot of input from others w/P500.

Last edited:
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I love my P500. When my brothers and I ride in the creek we realy go over 10 to 15 mph and when we ride in the woods I always have to wait for them and their popos. In the woods they can't keep up with my little P5. ;):)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I love my P500. When my brothers and I ride in the creek we realy go over 10 to 15 mph and when we ride in the woods I always have to wait for them and their popos. In the woods they can't keep up with my little P5. ;):)

Like like like like. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Congrats @JTW! Can't wait to see the new P1K:). How about some pics of driving it like you took with the P5 without actually having it in your possessiono_O lol.
wanna see the new ride in April. I hope to be in a new ride by then. If Honda would get off their a... and get that Talon to market.

I agree with all your comments about the p5. On the other side of the coin it goes where it wants. I out ride PoPos when I ride at my go to spot. Just the size and gearing is hard to beat

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That's actually really good. If that had been a new car or pickup you'd be looking at maybe $7-$8K plus in the hole.
I'd be happy if I could sell my never driven '15 P500 for $2K less, but I way overpaid as I bought it when they were the hottest new thing going; $8,699 :(.

I'll second that. I got corn holed by my dealer. I found them way cheaper about a week after. It was an impulse buy. But ya live and learn

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
J

JTW

wanna see the new ride in April. I hope to be in a new ride by then. If Honda would get off their a... and get that Talon to market.

I agree with all your comments about the p5. On the other side of the coin it goes where it wants. I out ride PoPos when I ride at my go to spot. Just the size and gearing is hard to beat
This thing is FREAK'N AWESOME!!!

J

JTW

Yeah.. a good suspension under the p5 and it would be a different machine!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!