Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couldn't we just get one of those taliban hunting permits that used to be everywhere... I heard they are invading the appalachians. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no bag limit or license required with Trump in office. I think you even get paid for the hide but don't quote me, I'll have to check on that one.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So... What did they say?
I'd hate for anyone to get in trouble. I have spoken to RRB several times and they say its all good and TRWA approved to buy in this manor.
Over the past 10 years the wife and I have had our permits checked twice out on the trail by officers. Both times was in October, and both times we only had out of state by hunting permits because they were cheaper. The officers have always been great, never a question or problem by them. Buy your permits and don't worry about it.

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
UPDATE ON TRAIL CONDITIONS

I just got back from pre running the loop I intended to take the early bird group on Friday morning. Both the Dragon's back and Widowmaker have eroded severely. I stupidly brought my wife who hates technical trails and she might start talking to me sometime in May.

Jeeps with 40"+ tires have been hitting these trails hard even met 4 of them coming down Dragon's back as I was going up. I only had to winch twice to get up it but last October our group with @Hondasxs @Windrock1000 @scott @PioneerPete cruised through with out much problem, its a different trail now and would recommend not doing it as a group, however if you guys insist I will still guide you one time on Friday leaving Royal Blue Campgrounds at 10AM sharp, if people dont get jammed up bad we should get back by 4 or 5 pm. Remember at dusk we have an official group ride to top of world.

So let me know who is in or out for hitting this on Friday morning. I highly recommend a winch and FULL skidplates or the side rocker bars WILL be damaged on some now serious rock shelfs to negotiate. So be forewarned, I consider this an extreme black/red trail for approximately 1 hour over 5 miles distance.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UPDATE ON TRAIL CONDITIONS

I just got back from pre running the loop I intended to take the early bird group on Friday morning. Both the Dragon's back and Widowmaker have eroded severely. I stupidly brought my wife who hates technical trails and she might start talking to me sometime in May.

Jeeps with 40"+ tires have been hitting these trails hard even met 4 of them coming down Dragon's back as I was going up. I only had to winch twice to get up it but last October our group with @Hondasxs @Windrock1000 @scott @PioneerPete cruised through with out much problem, its a different trail now and would recommend not doing it as a group, however if you guys insist I will still guide you one time on Friday leaving Royal Blue Campgrounds at 10AM sharp, if people dont get jammed up bad we should get back by 4 or 5 pm. Remember at dusk we have an official group ride to top of world.

So let me know who is in or out for hitting this on Friday morning. I highly recommend a winch and FULL skidplates or the side rocker bars WILL be damaged on some now serious rock shelfs to negotiate. So be forewarned, I consider this an extreme black/red trail for approximately 1 hour over 5 miles distance.

I would love to have you guide us somewhere. I don't have to hit the hardest trail there to feel good about myself. A bad roll or break won't make my weekend trip a good one so if more people would rather try some different trails I'm up for that too...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would love to have you guide us somewhere. I don't have to hit the hardest trail there to feel good about myself. A bad roll or break won't make my weekend trip a good one so if more people would rather try some different trails I'm up for that too...

There is plenty to see and ride other than that small 5 mile section, multiple ways around it, can still get to Eternal Flame, hit a few moderate challenging but not dangerous trails, could even dip just into Windrock border and show off the great view at Caryville Flats.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm up for the dusk ride, but won't make the 10 am ride

Reactions: Plumber32
J

JTW

Well, I'd like to tackle that trail but I'm up for whatever! I understand the dynamic the group creates so it makes no difference to me. I have an anual permit and will be back!

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm usually game for anything but my wife...Not so much..So guess the dragon back is off my list for this trip. Would like for my machine to make it though the whole weekend and not scare my wife so bad she won't ride with me anymore.

advertisement
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in for whatever the group likes! Thank you @JACKAL for the prerun. Guys from riding with Jackal a few times- If he gives it a black rating you better expect something close to cliff climbing. It's a very difficult trail in perfect conditions in my book and my play ground is full of this stuff. Trail conditions are extremely dust so get out their and do a rain dance.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm planning to be up there late Wednesday or early Thursday. I probably won't be doing any "extreme 4wheeling" :D
I plan on arriving Wednesday early afternoon also. I'm sure we can find something to occupy the time.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!