2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 electric problem

K

Kburke2

Jan 30, 2021
Australia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gents, I have a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and tonight it won’t go into gear. The dashboard just shows “-“ and flashes 3 long and two short, where it usually shows P, R, N, D, L. You can hear it click into gear but won’t move.
Any suggestions??

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
did you get this problem solved??
i am having the same issue
The guy hasn't been on in 6 months and is from Australia. You MIGHT get an answer if u personal message him.

BTW Welcome from the lower 48!
what machine do you have, year, miles?
got pics? #POIDH

Reactions: Buggyman and ChadD
someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i'll weigh in.
Had the same issue with a 2018.
Ambient temp about 30-25. Machine would start (sluggish start) but would show only "-" and no other indicators.
I test the battery voltage and it seemed low.
I charged overnight and brought the batteries back to full charge.
Started and shifted perfectly.
I know from reading here the clutches and shifting are very dependent on voltage.
I don't know if it was a coincidence or if the low voltage was a contributing factor.

FWIW...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!