BOX1

P1000 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 rear differential shows locked in turf mode

Archer440GR

Nov 23, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all! Great forum. Wealth of information here!
Question:
I have a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and when it is in turf mode the dash indicator is showing that the rear differential is locked. Is this normal?
I jack the back of the SXS up where I can spin the rear wheels by hand and when in turf mode, only the wheel I am spinning is turning which is what I would expect. I then put it in 2WD and now when I spin one wheel, they both spin as I would expect. Is this simply a sensor or a switch issue? Is there a switch that confirms when it is in 2WD and the differential is locked? If so, is it serviceable? Can you tell me where I would locate it so can confirm adjustment etc? Or, is everything working as it should?

Thanks in advance from Southwest Wisconsin!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!