BOX1

2019 Pioneer Takeover - May 3&4th - Ride Royal Blue, TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Correct. I've never been stopped. I kinda look at it like getting pulled over for a burned out tail light and ending up with a dui. So I wear a helmet most of the time for that reason.
After purchasing a sxs for the grand kids, I have decided to take some of my own advice. I got helmets for the wife and i. going to try them out at Mulberry ride in a few weeks. I wont let the kids ride without one, so why should I????

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
IMG 1912
Don't buy this one.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Correct. I've never been stopped. I kinda look at it like getting pulled over for a burned out tail light and ending up with a dui. So I wear a helmet most of the time for that reason.
We did a small amount of road travel last year. we had no problems and no helmets.
I drove all the way through jacksboro and Caryville with no helmet. Took roads clear to rrb just followed the laws.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a damn bit O space fer me Brian encasement in the wee clown car . We just take the flip floppy risks an be a hopin no logging be a hittin the noggin.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rider Resources

For a speedy check in process on day of arrival, please visit the State website at www.gooutdoorstennessee.com. Every vehicle will need a permit and you can print them conveniently at home. Permit must be carried with you at all times and made available upon request. You can also download and complete the Liability Waiver in advance of your arrival and take a look at our General Information and Rules

TENNESSEE RESIDENT

Daily Permit: Type 36, Cost $18 per day
Annual Pass: Type 1 plus Type 93, Cost $56
Junior Annual ( 13± ) Type 70 plus Type 94, Cost $35

NOTE: A Sportsman and Lifetime License holder as well as Active Military Member will cover your riding permit.

OUT OF STATE VISITOR

Daily Permit: Type 38, Cost $40
Seven day pass: Type 72 plus Type 93, Cost $84
Annual Pass: Type 71 plus Type 93, Cost $133
Junior Annual: ( 13± ) Type 70 plus Type 94, Cost $36

Passengers and Children 12 and under are FREE.

The Royal Blue, Sundquist, New River, and Tackett Creek OHV areas consist of over 200,000 acres and are accessible directly from our Campground.

Safety Orange apparel is required on the head and chest of each rider during hunting season, which runs from the last week of October to the second week of January. Safety hats and vests can be purchased from our General Store.

TWRA requires that helmets be worn by children under the age of 18 while riding. Ride Royal Blue staff will enforce the use of helmets for children on the resort grounds. Children should only operate age appropriate machines and the resort does not allow children to cruise the campground. Safety is paramount at Ride Royal Blue and we strongly suggest the use of helmets for everyone.

NEW REGULATIONS FOR OPERATING ON THE ROADWAYS

Effective July 1, 2017 it is now legal to operate your ATV or SxS on designated County and City roads of Lafollette roadways. You can now ride from the trail system into Lafollette for a shopping break and to enjoy lunch, ice cream or fuel.

1. Operators must be 16 and hold a valid Driver's License.
2. They must operate only during daylight hours.
3. Must stay on designated and posted roads.
4. Must carry proof of Insurance.
5. All Riders must wear a Dot helmet, goggles, and use a seat belt if in a SxS.
6. Must lawfully obey all rules of the road applicable to other motor vehicles.
7. Any vehicle operated in the City of Lafollette shall be operated in a safe manner.
8. Regular safety check points will be conducted to ensure that riders are following procedures.
9. Subject to any and all laws that are required and established by the State of Tennessee.

NO OPEN ALCOHOL CONTAINERS ALLOWED IN MOVING VEHICLES.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: As Enthusiasts of off road riding, we plead with everyone to PLEASE take pride inthe privilege we all enjoy in these Beautiful Mountains and CARRY OUT YOUR TRASH!!! It is a disgrace to all to see litter on the trail system, and with your help we can carry on sharing these adventures with future generations.
Thanks for the Info! This is good to know, if you've never been stopped for helmet violations what about being asked for the rider permit?

Reactions: sharp
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never been stopped but have seen patrols before. I definitely would have a permit.
Will do, thanks. I've been to Hatfield McCoy trails once and they sell passes for it, supposed to have patrols but we never saw one. They can check you cooler since alcohol is prohibited, no doubling on 4wheelers and helmets required on trails. Too many damn rules there for so-so riding

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Eubonics dear sir. Phonetics....like EEEEwww-Bonicks
Will do, thanks. I've been to Hatfield McCoy trails once and they sell passes for it, supposed to have patrols but we never saw one. They can check you cooler since alcohol is prohibited, no doubling on 4wheelers and helmets required on trails. Too many damn rules there for so-so riding
you need to try the outlaw trails.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you need to try the outlaw trails.
O yea I've been to w.v. prob 150 times. once to Hatfield and the rest to outlaw trails. They are much better. on the Hatfield the leaders had a trail map on tablet and would go .5 mile and stop to look at the map, go another .25 mile and stop. All the trails were short and they done that all day, we didnt ride but like 18 miles or so

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'd like to try different outlaw trails you wana be a guide?. A w.v. native said you could ride from there to K.y. and never touch roads. Do you know about these?
I have maps but don't know them well enough to lead. I've road them with JBS ( James Davis )

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!