2019 Talon X front diff seals leaking at 230 miles

Kurtgo1

Kurtgo1

Dec 4, 2020
New Mexico
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Is the boot leaking or the differential? If its the differential check the vent line if you haven't done so already. If the boot is leaking all the time that is a whole different issue.
The boot is covered in oil, 4 different times now. It’s been supposedly fixed by the dealership 3 times, waiting on our 4th appointment. I tried two different dealers thinking maybe one didn’t know what they were doing, didn’t make a difference. This all within the first 8 months of ownership. Thank you for your input

Last edited:
A

AZ_TalonR

Dec 7, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
Interesting fact, the 2021 has a new seal without lips, just a valley.
Funny because I just got my 21 back from the dealer for the front left seal replacement and 50 miles later, leaking again.

Kurtgo1

Kurtgo1

Dec 4, 2020
New Mexico
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Ours was at the dealership for the 5th time to repair the same leak. So far, fingers crossed they got it.

• Sad
Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!