P1000 2021 1000-3 limited edition New owner question regarding heat

D

Dron_jones

Oct 8, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey everyone, just placed the deposit on my new 2021. Been doing tons of research over the past few weeks as I was deciding on the brand and model I wanted to go with. I have read a bunch on the heat issues on these units but was wondering if these issues are still prevalent in the 2020 and newer models as well or if it was just on the older models. I’m planning out the mods I will be looking at and just wondering if I need to consider this one as well.

Thanks for all the helpful information!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone, just placed the deposit on my new 2021. Been doing tons of research over the past few weeks as I was deciding on the brand and model I wanted to go with. I have read a bunch on the heat issues on these units but was wondering if these issues are still prevalent in the 2020 and newer models as well or if it was just on the older models. I’m planning out the mods I will be looking at and just wondering if I need to consider this one as well.

You're sitting on top of the motor, so heat will be an issue. A little under seat insulation, under seat fan and a windshield that flips up is about all you can do. U being in Michigan, it won't be as much as a problem. I live in Tennessee and have put over 6000 miles on mine and it doesn't bother me with the above mentioned mods. I tried the full glass windshield for a month and it was miserable. That was in December when it was cold aslo.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Just skip all the BS and install a fan under the passengers side seat blowing across the headers, no thermo stat, control it with a toggle switch, heat is welcome in the winter.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I got this heat kit and vent extension kit others recommended and it's fine on my 2020
100% Buyer Satisfaction

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I will admit running thru a puddle nekkid tends to make the lower regions a bit warm from the steam job....
I was amazed at the number of openings in the butt area on a Talon, no wonder steam was cooking the boys. :oops: I had aluminum duct tape so that's what I used.
I DWkJRGN M

advertisement
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I got this heat kit and vent extension kit others recommended and it's fine on my 2020
100% Buyer Satisfaction

These heat shields and vent extension kits are sold separately as well, also with and without filters. My other listings can be found if you click “sellers other items” thanks and happy trials! Send me Private message for 10% off with direct payment threw PayPal.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

The heat can be an issue IF you mount a solid full windshield, Roof, & back panel. However, do yourself a favor and get the @SuperATV hardcoat flip up windshield. With it you can regulate how much air you allow in for comfort or shut it completely for rainy or heavy dust.

I ran a glass windshield for 4 years and could kick myself for not going with the SuperATV unit to start with.

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
Your Dealer didn't happen to have two LEs did he? I've been looking for two months and no luck, would really like to find one in Tennessee but would consider other areas depending on the sales tax issue for out of state buyers.

D

DesertRatFamily

Oct 3, 2018
Desert Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
It's not that bad. I live in the desert and it's bearable under 90 degrees. If it bothers you, just get a cheap vented seat cushion on EBay or Amazon. It works and it's cheaper than a fan kit.

Reactions: TxDoc
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your Dealer didn't happen to have two LEs did he? I've been looking for two months and no luck, would really like to find one in Tennessee but would consider other areas depending on the sales tax issue for out of state buyers.
Morgantown powersports and rg honda had a few last week. There in Northern w.v not sure how far u wanna drive.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Morgantown powersports and rg honda had a few last week. There in Northern w.v not sure how far u wanna drive.
Rh honda had a left over 2019 1000-3 se that was discounted alot not sure it its still there.

2Track

2Track

Aug 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4

100% Buyer Satisfaction

TxDoc have you got a link to that info on the heat vent kit?

Reactions: TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: 2Track
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!