P1000 2021 1000-3 limited edition New owner question regarding heat

R

rickoshea

Woke up this morning to 27F.

Time to put the windshield and doors back on!
i got snow heading my way.almost time to put the tracks back on.this is when i don't mind the heat coming thru the shifter holes.

Reactions: TxDoc
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
i got snow heading my way.almost time to put the tracks back on.this is when i don't mind the heat coming thru the shifter holes.
You seeing any ice on the lakes yet, or is that a month or so yet?

I was looking and my enclosed trailer / ice shack and thinking maybe I should install a RV furnace in it..,

R

rickoshea

t
You seeing any ice on the lakes yet, or is that a month or so yet?

I was looking and my enclosed trailer / ice shack and thinking maybe I should install a RV furnace in it..,
too early.lake water is still warmish.maybe a month and we'll start seeing some significant shore ice.right now we're seeing the late (for here) fall winds,so it's hard for ice to build right now.

Reactions: Vikes79 and TxDoc
R

rickoshea

coming soon to a lake near me.back yard near.i don't mind engine heat.if i remember correctly it was -35 celcius this day.
20200331 134742

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone, just placed the deposit on my new 2021. Been doing tons of research over the past few weeks as I was deciding on the brand and model I wanted to go with. I have read a bunch on the heat issues on these units but was wondering if these issues are still prevalent in the 2020 and newer models as well or if it was just on the older models. I’m planning out the mods I will be looking at and just wondering if I need to consider this one as well.

Thanks for all the helpful information!
If you want to save some money, buy a roll of the plastic bubble rap looking aluminum colored radiant heat shield from home depot or lowes. Pull your seat out and the seat back. Then you can install the heat shield under the supposed comfort package that Honda installs under the seat. It's a piece of rubber about a 1/8" thick. when I got my 2018 this piece had been installed. During the first ride with my wife she started complaining about her back side getting hot and when I felt the rubber between the seat and seat back it was quite hot. I stuffed a couple of towels in the gap and the problem was solved. A couple of weeks later, I installed the heat shield and have had no heat problems since (other that it's pretty warm here in AZ during the summer).

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone, just placed the deposit on my new 2021. Been doing tons of research over the past few weeks as I was deciding on the brand and model I wanted to go with. I have read a bunch on the heat issues on these units but was wondering if these issues are still prevalent in the 2020 and newer models as well or if it was just on the older models. I’m planning out the mods I will be looking at and just wondering if I need to consider this one as well.

Thanks for all the helpful information!
Welcome fellow Michigander. We took delivery of our 2020 P1K5 this past spring. It includes the rubber heat shield that Honda added. Many accessories have been added, but none to address heat. As you well know, there are only a few weeks to a month in which the temps in Mich are excessive. We've never had a heat issue. Most of the time, a little extra heat is welcome. We rode from Memorial day though October with the full family of 5 and no complaints about heat. We have the factor OEM split windshield and OEM roof. The foot wells in back seat do get warm, however even riding in July there were no complaints from the flip flop wearing kids. In the fall, with windshield and roof, the family wanted more heat, not less. My son and I were checking trail cameras last month up North, and again, more heat is always welcome.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!