WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope you don't have the same issue going on. First thing to check is your grounds.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
has anyone had a problem with there 700 dying while driving. starts back up to just die again
Welcome!
First off is…
#1 Pics
#2 Pics
#3 year
#4 Pics
# 5 Miles
That should about cover it 😂 🤣 🥳

Check them grounds good. You didnt Swamp it by any chance? Need more Info.

R

rwromain

Jan 11, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am in Canada and have this exact same problem.Was told after 2 visits to the shop that a loose battery cable was all they could find. This was not the solution and I am currently going through Honda Canada to find a solution. It has been 9 months so far waiting for it to be fixed. Happens so randomly. Sometimes in a 1km drive will die and start up immediately 4 times. Then after a brief stop it will go a few KMs with no problem. Drove for 1.5hrs one day then it started stalling every minute and a half. Extremely disappointed in the machine and Hondas pace at which theyre trying to fix it. Its a 2021 700-2 deluxe

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am in Canada and have this exact same problem.Was told after 2 visits to the shop that a loose battery cable was all they could find. This was not the solution and I am currently going through Honda Canada to find a solution. It has been 9 months so far waiting for it to be fixed. Happens so randomly. Sometimes in a 1km drive will die and start up immediately 4 times. Then after a brief stop it will go a few KMs with no problem. Drove for 1.5hrs one day then it started stalling every minute and a half. Extremely disappointed in the machine and Hondas pace at which theyre trying to fix it. Its a 2021 700-2 deluxe
If you haven't, go check out this thread....

J

Jedarious

Oct 17, 2021
Central WV
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had this exact problem. I did all the sleuthing I could but couldn’t find the fix. Took it to the dealership and they fixed it. The problem was one of the several ground blocks. They removed bolt, cleaned and retightened. Although they didn’t show me where the ground block was located they did say it was the most difficult one to get at. Had to get the mechanic with the smallest hands to get to it.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had this exact problem. I did all the sleuthing I could but couldn’t find the fix. Took it to the dealership and they fixed it. The problem was one of the several ground blocks. They removed bolt, cleaned and retightened. Although they didn’t show me where the ground block was located they did say it was the most difficult one to get at. Had to get the mechanic with the smallest hands to get to it.
How long has it been since they fixed it? And how many miles have you put on it since then?

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Jedarious

Oct 17, 2021
Central WV
Ownership

1. 700-2
It got fixed in February, can’t say how many miles but I drive it everyday and have had no problem at all. Just to add, mine was also hard to start in cold weather, that was annoying, the dying while driving became maddening. Since they worked on it it starts easy even in cold weather and it hasn’t died once since the fix.

R

rwromain

Jan 11, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just had a new fuel Pump changed by dealer according to Honda Canadas Tech support advice.
Haven't driven it yet other than load it on my trailer, so Ill report in here if it solves the issue.
Fingers crossed!!!!

advertisement
J

Jedarious

Oct 17, 2021
Central WV
Ownership

1. 700-2
The dying has returned. This problem is really annoying and Honda should step up to resolve. I have increased grounding and it ran fine for months but the problem returned after months of perfect performance. Mine seems to always return during rainy wet conditions. Today out of the blue it did a hard downshift and died. It then continued to die every little bit till I got it home. Just sick of having this constantly returning problem with a Honda, I use to be a diehard fan but this is turning me off to the new Honda.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The dying has returned. This problem is really annoying and Honda should step up to resolve. I have increased grounding and it ran fine for months but the problem returned after months of perfect performance. Mine seems to always return during rainy wet conditions. Today out of the blue it did a hard downshift and died. It then continued to die every little bit till I got it home. Just sick of having this constantly returning problem with a Honda, I use to be a diehard fan but this is turning me off to the new Honda.
The new Honda isn't the old Honda, that's for sure.

I am so glad I bought a Yamaha.

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you check out the thread I linked to above? Re-tightening the ground...for me at least, did what it did for you; fixed it for a while, but it then returned. Adding additional grounds to the ecm seems to have fixed mine. No issues since.

My theory is that there perhaps a bad crimp on the ground side somewhere...or some sort of electrical "noise" that's causing the ecm to shut down to prevent damage.

J

Jedarious

Oct 17, 2021
Central WV
Ownership

1. 700-2
I added more grounding points back in February and all seemed good till this week. Today I removed the bolt on the main ground cluster cleaned and bolted it back up. So far has ran 10 miles no problems. I’m getting a bigger battery this week because it doesn’t want to start in cold weather. Maybe it will help too.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I added more grounding points back in February and all seemed good till this week. Today I removed the bolt on the main ground cluster cleaned and bolted it back up. So far has ran 10 miles no problems. I’m getting a bigger battery this week because it doesn’t want to start in cold weather. Maybe it will help too.
Where did you add them?

J

Jedarious

Oct 17, 2021
Central WV
Ownership

1. 700-2
I add one directly off the negative post on the battery to the frame, another from the engine to a spot above the existing main ground cluster on the frame.

Reactions: DG Rider
Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2

Soon as you hear it start dying, pop it in neutral. It stops mine from stalling out (saves battery to get it back home).

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!