2021 LV X4 build

Downs807

Downs807

Sep 3, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
After a month and a 1/2 wait I finally picked up my Talon x4. I had a pioneer P-5 a few years ago and sold it for the dark side (Polaris General 4 seater). While we didn’t have any issues out of the POPO in the 1800 miles we put on it, I never was really satisfied with the belt drive system so when I got the go ahead to switch machines I had to get back in a Honda.

I’ve spend most of the last month building it to my liking, with just a few short rides here and there. I finally was able to get it out on a real ride last weekend at a local place to me (Slade KY).

Here’s my parts list:
Super Atv - front and rear bumpers
Super atv- 1/2 skid
Super atv - front and rear windshield
Super atv - 4500lb winch
Super atv - forward a arms
Sizemik - mirrors
L&W radius rods
Bosman designs double shear brakets
Warhead off road kickers
Powerbass xl1000 sound bar
Shock therapy dual spring kit
CA tech shift gate
Mud buster flares - for R model
AJK off-road foot rest
RB3 1.5 spacers on the rear
32x10x15 Maxis Carnivores
System 3 SB-4 with 4+3 offset- puts me 69” wide

B6f97ccbef6f589024122ddfc08fa865

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After a month and a 1/2 wait I finally picked up my Talon x4. I had a pioneer P-5 a few years ago and sold it for the dark side (Polaris General 4 seater). While we didn’t have any issues out of the POPO in the 1800 miles we put on it, I never was really satisfied with the belt drive system so when I got the go ahead to switch machines I had to get back in a Honda.

I’ve spend most of the last month building it to my liking, with just a few short rides here and there. I finally was able to get it out on a real ride last weekend at a local place to me (Slade KY).

Here’s my parts list:
Super Atv - front and rear bumpers
Super atv- 1/2 skid
Super atv - front and rear windshield
Super atv - 4500lb winch
Super atv - forward a arms
Sizemik - mirrors
L&W radius rods
Bosman designs double shear brakets
Warhead off road kickers
Powerbass xl1000 sound bar
Shock therapy dual spring kit
CA tech shift gate
Mud buster flares - for R model
AJK off-road foot rest
RB3 1.5 spacers on the rear
32x10x15 Maxis Carnivores
System 3 SB-4 with 4+3 offset- puts me 69” wide

View attachment 249333

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SWEET!

Reactions: Blownzuki
D

Dovetail

Lifetime Member
Feb 7, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I’m still waiting for mine to show up at the dealer. I’m trying to decide what windshield to put on the x4 if it will ever show up. I was leaning toward the full glass USA with the bottom air vents. I will be getting it street legal so am I making a mistake on not getting the split flip up wind shield?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m still waiting for mine to show up at the dealer. I’m trying to decide what windshield to put on the x4 if it will ever show up. I was leaning toward the full glass USA with the bottom air vents. I will be getting it street legal so am I making a mistake on not getting the split flip up wind shield?
I think so. I'm a cold wimp, I'd much rather be hot than freezing - that said, my 2 seat Talon about cooked me (and my nads) repeatedly last summer; being able to flip up the windshield was all that kept me from turning into a lobster, even at 10k + foot altitudes. I'd guess my windshield is up at least 90% of the time - rain and cold morning temps being the exception.

Our radiators are up front (duh) and that heat spends the day working its way into the passenger 'bucket', there's little heat loss, even with no door lowers. I've been riding in 30* temps with no door lowers and tennis shoes, completely comfortable and a lot of time with the windshield up for the video camera, still comfortable. IMO YMMV yada yada

In the X4, you aren't sitting as close to the motor as I am, that may make a noticeable difference, not sure.

Reactions: Smitty335
D

Dovetail

Lifetime Member
Feb 7, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thank you very much for your advise I will change and do a split windshield.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
B

Bootlegger07

Feb 12, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4
We just got back from Moab, it rained 3 of the days and made things muddy. The flip up windshield came in very handy when getting into technical portions of the trails. The other 2 buggies in our group were cleaning their windshields all day. They liked ours so much that the other 2 machines were coming home to order them.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!