P1000m3 2021 Pioneer 1000-3 100 mile review

Toolmaker67

Toolmaker67

Apr 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello Honda SXS Nation!
After kicking the tires on Landmaster, Polaris Ranger, Kimco 700i, Intimidator, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX We decided to purchase the Honda Pioneer 1000-3.
Bought this machine at "Honda of the Ozarks".
We'v had alot of fun rolling up 140 miles over the last 4 weeks.
Now she is going to Donnells Honda for the 100 mile service in a few days.
Most all the miles have been on gravel roads and blacktop.
Been off road for some serious wheeling in the mud, creeks and back woods hills. I was amazed at where this machine will go!
Couple issues I will note,
In low gear pulling up out of a muddy bank I did notice a little clutch slippage/chatter 1 time. I will mention this to my service tech. Not sure what was up with that... as I hv read here it's probably not low enough gearing?
After about 1/2 hr riding the heat from the motor is a SERIOUS problem!
Wife says she won't be riding much this summer unless the heat is addressed.
There are a few plastic rattles here and there. Not to bad.
Last but not least... I would have fired the manager who signed off on the kiddy cup sized cup holders. Complete joke<%$@
I have read alot on this forum and will address the Heat, rattles and cup holder issues. Fortunately I am handy with skills to fix these issues. I feel for the ones who don't have mechanical skills to fix these problems!
Shame on Honda for not fixing these ongoing issues!
So far We really like our SXS!!!
I am thankfull for this good forum to get info from. Seams like alot of good people here to offer help!
Thank you!

20210509 155102 20210520 192039

Toolmaker67

Toolmaker67

Apr 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Michigan!
Nice color! Go Army Green!
Long live Ted Nugent!
The dealer told us Red was due in unspoken for.
We put a deposit on it immediately.
I was exited about getting a Red Pioneer!
Long story short dealer called back saying Honda shipped Green.... do we still want it.
YES we want it!
Green is a good color, We love it!
About 14 days from putting down our deposit we picked this machine up.
This machine will serve us well in the great
Rebel state of Missouri!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello Honda SXS Nation!
After kicking the tires on Landmaster, Polaris Ranger, Kimco 700i, Intimidator, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX We decided to purchase the Honda Pioneer 1000-3.
Been off road for some serious wheeling in the mud, creeks and back woods hills. I was amazed at where this machine will go!
In low gear pulling up out of a muddy bank I did notice a little clutch slippage/chatter 1 time. I will mention this to my service tech. Not sure what was up with that... as I hv read here it's probably not low enough gearing?
Last but not least... I would have fired the manager who signed off on the kiddy cup sized cup holders. Complete joke<%$@
I have read alot on this forum and will address the Heat, rattles and cup holder issues. Fortunately I am handy with skills to fix these issues. I feel for the ones who don't have mechanical skills to fix these problems!
I am thankfull for this good forum to get info from. Seams like alot of good people here to offer help!
Thank you!

View attachment 275744 View attachment 275745
Mine came from Honda of the Ozarks as well, this was the day I picked it up there. Welcome to the club.

BD62C336 6DAC 4B3E ACDB E3AE005314C5

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello Honda SXS Nation!
Thank you!

View attachment 275744 View attachment 275745
Welcome from NE Michigan

2019 P1K 3  8

Toolmaker67

Toolmaker67

Apr 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go buy some cheap window sunshades and put them under and behind the seat and the heat issue will go away.
I did buy a window shade from Walmart, made a few cuts for fitment, put it under the seat and out the front behind the legs just to see if it would help. It did help a little bit! 👍
However I plan on attacking this problem with avengeance by adding a 2nd battery and installing the DIE heat shield kit and 2 fans to exhaust engine heat. I need a link for the DIE heat kit.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I did buy a window shade from Walmart, made a few cuts for fitment, put it under the seat and out the front behind the legs just to see if it would help. It did help a little bit! 👍
However I plan on attacking this problem with avengeance by adding a 2nd battery and installing the DIE heat shield kit and 2 fans to exhaust engine heat. I need a link for the DIE heat kit.
No windshield or a flip up windshield is the only way to the heat bearable in the summer here in Tennessee. I have extra shielding under the seat and a under seat fan but it's not enough.

Toolmaker67

Toolmaker67

Apr 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Shout out to Donells Honda in independence Missouri.
Took our Pioneer in Thursday night for service and picked it up Friday afternoon. Valve clearances were in spec, oil & filters changed, shift cable adjusted, they did find a couple bolts that were loose. I called several dealers around the greater Kansas City area and was shocked at the price range for the 100 mile 20 hr service. Anywhere from $125 to $800.
I traveled extra distance passing a few other Honda dealers going to Donnells.
They had 5 or 6 ATV lifts and all All of them were loaded with machines. Service Techs were working mostly on dirt bikes.
I had experienced some clutch slippage , dealer said they would reset the computer.
Got out for a spin last evening to the city Lake, everything seems fine other than the HOT seat. Thinking about picking up 2 man plastic bass boat and build a small trailer to fish this lake.
20yrs ago we had this club car and boat.
It was a pond fishing machine!

20210604 190455 20210605 064509

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats from KC, I almost bought from the Ozarks but Shawnee Mission Cycle matched their price and I didn’t have to drive far.

I put the DEI seat heat shield in and it helped a ton for the front seats of my 1000-5 so should be a big help for the 1000-3.

Toolmaker67

Toolmaker67

Apr 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Congrats from KC, I almost bought from the Ozarks but Shawnee Mission Cycle matched their price and I didn’t have to drive far.

I put the DEI seat heat shield in and it helped a ton for the front seats of my 1000-5 so should be a big help for the 1000-3.
We could not find a sniff of a Pioneer in the KC area. Got lucky.... Ozarks had one coming in unspoken for.
I'm gathering up parts to install a new
7" radiator fan under the seat very soon. I'm considering using welding blanket for insulation under seat and back. The DEI kit is also on my radar screen. Don't think I will need the dual battery at this time. Have no plans to build a carnival ride out of mine. Keeping it simple & basic.
Also got some tire wear on passenger front. I tweaked the alignment. We'll see if it gets better.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We could not find a sniff of a Pioneer in the KC area. Got lucky.... Ozarks had one coming in unspoken for.
I'm gathering up parts to install a new
7" radiator fan under the seat very soon. I'm considering using welding blanket for insulation under seat and back. The DEI kit is also on my radar screen. Don't think I will need the dual battery at this time. Have no plans to build a carnival ride out of mine. Keeping it simple & basic.
Also got some tire wear on passenger front. I tweaked the alignment. We'll see if it gets better.
If you plan to install a winch i’d get a second batt so you don’t drain the main.

Toolmaker67

Toolmaker67

Apr 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unbelievable! Thought I would have to buy the boat, trailer, motor and all the accessories separately to put this together. I got lucky and found it all-in-one package.
9'6" boat, trailer, trolling motor, depth finder, good battery and anchor.
Everything is to scale on this truck & trailer.

20210611 122115 20210612 211158 Imagejpeg 02

Last edited:
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from BC. Nice fishing set up! Good luck on the keeping it simple. Couple months from now you will have a few more switches to play with. It’s an addiction! Lol.

Toolmaker67

Toolmaker67

Apr 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Mean Green Honda got new/used shoes & wheels... Maxis Big Horn 2.0
Boat trailer got disassembled dropped the Springs below the axle for 3" drop, painted and installed new fenders.
Boat got new seats for alittle more comfort.

20210716 204111 20210716 203806 20210717 191649 20210717 191254

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!