P1000 2022 Pioneer 1000 possible low gear issue

R

rudyeng

Oct 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Strange thing happened last week. My new 2022 pioneer 1000 deluxe popped out of low gear. No grinding & nothing was engaged but it was very strange. Taking it to the local dealer tomorrow. I hope it's just a cable adjustment.

I was running in 4 low locked then switched back to turf mode when it happened. The SXS shifter was between high & low showing ------.

I'll keep you guys posted on the service tech's solution.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Strange thing happened last week. My new 2022 pioneer 1000 deluxe popped out of low gear. No grinding & nothing was engaged but it was very strange. Taking it to the local dealer tomorrow. I hope it's just a cable adjustment.

I was running in 4 low locked then switched back to turf mode when it happened. The SXS shifter was between high & low showing ------.

I'll keep you guys posted on the service tech's solution.
Probably a cable adjustment!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Oh no...
Yes please keep us updated.
Good call taking it in. Mostly for documentation reasons.
At the most, the dealer might adjust your cable unless they can reproduce it.

I'm sure Honda has claimed this issue "resolved" and just like the clutch issues on the 16-18 models. Once the "fix" is installed they are no longer warranting that issue.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you come to a stop when you switched from 2-lock to turf? When it popped out of low, did it go to neutral (didn't move forward) or did it change to high range?

No thunking sounds or anything?

R

rudyeng

Oct 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I typically go to park or neutral then hit 4wd lock. Then forward low 1/4 turn left or right until it locks. Same effort to disengage 4 lock.

No grinding or other noise. It just popped out of low. Yes complete stop during any engagement.

Reactions: Backwoods
R

rudyeng

Oct 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dealer called. They could not duplicate the problem. They hooked it up to the computer, no codes. They said that I did not properly shift it into low and that's why it probably popped out. User Error.

Not true but......... I will be extra careful when going from turf mode to 4wd locked while in low gear.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Dealer called. They could not duplicate the problem. They hooked it up to the computer, no codes. They said that I did not properly shift it into low and that's why it probably popped out. User Error.

Not true but......... I will be extra careful when going from turf mode to 4wd locked while in low gear.
Turf to 2x4 or 4x4 had nothing to do with it shifting out of gear.
That is just when it happen to happen.
They are completely separate mechanical items and not connected at all to the sub transmission.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!