2022 Pioneer Takeover - SAVE THE DATE - June 10th and 11th, 2022 @ Ride Royal Blue Resort!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Hondasxs

Attention members TWRA Announced their compliance checkpoint dates for the WMAs we will ride during Takeover. Please note below:

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has announced its user compliance checkpoint dates for the North Cumberland Wildlife Management Area for the 2022 calendar year.

According to TWRA, the checkpoints will include, but are not limited to, the following dates:

March 19
April 10, April 30
May 21, May 28, May 29, May 30
June 11, June 19
July 2, July 3, July 4, July 23, July 31
August 14, August 27

Checkpoints will be conducted both day and night, and will include the New River, Royal Blue, Sundquist and Ed Carter (Tackett Creek) units.

The trail system at North Cumberland is open 24 hours a day, and camping is permitted. However, permits are required to access the WMA. At least one person in each vehicle must have a valid hunting license and a WMA permit, or a High Impact Conservation Permit.

The High Impact Conservation Permits range from $15 for a resident one-day permit to $232 for a non-resident annual permit. They can be purchased wherever hunting licenses are sold, including through the TWRA’s website.

Any driver or passenger of an off-highway vehicle who is under the age of 18 must wear a helmet.

The same rules of the road apply to off-highway vehicles and off-highway trails as apply to the highways. Driving under the influence is illegal, as is speeding, reckless driving and other offenses.
Is this the first year they have started announcing these checkpoints? I know the State Troopers have to announce their checkpoints in advance but I've never seen anything in the paper about TWRA. Makes me think they are gonna start cracking down on the drinking. The Royal Blue Rangers had a drunk RZR guy hit a guy in their group in the ass. He tried to leave and the group wouldn't let him and I was told it got really heated between the groups. The county Cops came up and arrested him on the trail.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is this the first year they have started announcing these checkpoints? I know the State Troopers have to announce their checkpoints in advance but I've never seen anything in the paper about TWRA. Makes me think they are gonna start cracking down on the drinking. The Royal Blue Rangers had a drunk RZR guy hit a guy in their group in the ass. He tried to leave and the group wouldn't let him and I was told it got really heated between the groups. The county Cops came up and arrested him on the trail.
What's ever amounted to the gate at Ride Royal Blue?

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'll be in the back of the pack. I need a holler from someone up front lol. I'll just turn the f*** around and ease back to camp. It's sad that people can't control themselves and cause trouble for the rest of us.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
First I've seen, been subscribed to their page for 5 years.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Bastards could have done this last year and saved me $300 lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looked like it is going to have a auto locking mechanism? Is that to cut out night riding, control traffic through camp at night?
Read the sign when you get there, self explanatory.

The gate automatically slides closed at 11 PM daily, it reopens automatically at 7 AM daily. There is a keypad for the Rescue Squad to over ride to recover injured people if need be. If you get locked out on the trail side, you have to backtrack up Trail 27 to Trail 13 turn right and it comes out on Stinking Creek Road 2 miles West of RRB campground next to Meredith Cemetery. From there you go back on the road 2 miles to RRB main entrance.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Read the sign when you get there, self explanatory

The gate automatically slides closed at 11 PM daily, it reopens automatically at 7 AM daily. There is a keypad for the Rescue Squad to over ride to recover injured people if need be. If you get locked out on the trail side, you have to backtrack up Trail 27 to Trail 13 turn right and it comes out on Stinking Creek Road 2 miles West of RRB campground next to Meredith Cemetery. From there you go back on the road 2 miles to RRB main entrance.

I did last year. But the gate and sign was as far as they got?

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
@Hondasxs

The trail system at North Cumberland is open 24 hours a day, and camping is permitted. However, permits are required to access the WMA. At least one person in each vehicle must have a valid hunting license and a WMA permit, or a High Impact Conservation Permit.

The High Impact Conservation Permits range from $15 for a resident one-day permit to $232 for a non-resident annual permit. They can be purchased wherever hunting licenses are sold, including through the TWRA’s website.

Is that permit something we can purchase around there (at a DMV or something), or is it easier/recommended to get it online in advance of the trip?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that permit something we can purchase around there (at a DMV or something), or is it easier/recommended to get it online in advance of the trip?
Online is easy. Some gas stations, Walmart, bait shops etc. should have them for purchase. If you do it online, screenshot it. That will be your permit if you get stopped. They will also mail you the permit.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Online is the best way, TN resident is $56.52 Annual Permit to Hunt, Fish, & Ride good for 365 days from purchase.

This is what you need:

• Shopping Cart​

Clear
    ItemPrice
    Combo Hunt / Fish (001)$33.00
    WMA Small Game (093)$20.00
    Handling Fees: $3.52

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Online is the best way, TN resident is $56.52 Annual Permit to Hunt, Fish, & Ride good until 2/28/2023

This is what you need:

• Shopping Cart​

Clear
    ItemPrice
    Combo Hunt / Fish (001)$33.00
    WMA Small Game (093)$20.00
    Handling Fees: $3.52
I think they changed the expiration date this year. They are good for a year from day of purchase instead of expiring the last day of February. I could be wrong but that was the TWRA plan.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I think they changed the expiration date this year. They are good for a year from day of purchase instead of expiring the last day of February. I could be wrong but that was the TWRA plan.
They did, I got an email from TWRA. We're good friends now!

...I lied, maybe I saw it on Facebook? According to their website it's still last day of Feb the following year:

...One more edit - I did get an email from them and I found the FB post:

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!