WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
My dealer is telling me hat there are no live valve machines being offered to Utah Dealers. He only got two X2’s and one X4. But is also being told (he says) that 2023’s will he announced in July!!!
Anybody have any info supporting or contradicting this? Made a deal for a 2022 x2 LV last September and getting impatient!
WB

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does anyone know if that new gage cluster will plug into the older harness?😀
Definitely not plug and play, nor will it work with the ‘22 short pigtail. 😞 there’s a couple added features that I think effect the plug

• Sad
Reactions: IDIOT and CID
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
My dealer is telling me hat there are no live valve machines being offered to Utah Dealers. He only got two X2’s and one X4. But is also being told (he says) that 2023’s will he announced in July!!!
Anybody have any info supporting or contradicting this? Made a deal for a 2022 x2 LV last September and getting impatient!
WB
The Honda Redline announcement schedule shows "Multipurpose SxS" in July.

W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
Oh boy it looks good

B177249A C16D 49B4 B857 AD06DA6B6F31 C9A90B23 A14F 4421 87A2 15662D6B7569

H

HondaTech

HondaTech, what's the best way to stay informed about whether it is as simple as an ecm swap? Sure would be nice to smooth out the low speed transitions. Thanks!

Swapping an ecm would be the only way to know for sure. Honda won't ever make thay information avaliable.

Reactions: Sparks
N

Newbiehere

May 3, 2022
California
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The Honda Redline announcement schedule shows "Multipurpose SxS" in July.
Would that refer to only Pioneers? Kind of weird that Honda does a release weeks ago releasing 2022 Talon models and just a month before that the new pioneers models get released, then this July a couple months later they do it all over again?

Don’t get me wrong, to be announcing/releasing 2022 models midway into that same model year is already WAY late, but why wouldn’t they just hold off and wait to do it all at once as 2023 models?

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Would that refer to only Pioneers? Kind of weird that Honda does a release weeks ago releasing 2022 Talon models and just a month before that the new pioneers models get released, then this July a couple months later they do it all over again?

Don’t get me wrong, to be announcing/releasing 2022 models midway into that same model year is already WAY late, but why wouldn’t they just hold off and wait to do it all at once as 2023 models?
I would assume that "Multipurpose SxS" is referring to the Pioneer lineup but @HondaTech would be better versed to confirm that.

Reactions: Newbiehere
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Anyone hear of delayed shipments on the '22s? Have a friend with a '22 T1Kr on that was supposed to ship last week but his dealer says it's been delayed.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
N

Newbiehere

May 3, 2022
California
Ownership

1. Other Brand
People are already posting videos online of 2022 models, so some dealers definitely got some delivered already.

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My dealer here in CA says they wouldn’t be surprised if there 22s get delayed. Earliest shipment he said he has right now from Honda is at the end of June. And that’s if Honda doesn’t delay them. So he told me not to expect my unit until earliest Mid to late July. I hope Honda releases 2023s early then I’ll just wait for that. I’m still hoping for an R 4 seater.

H

HondaTech

My dealer is telling me hat there are no live valve machines being offered to Utah Dealers. He only got two X2’s and one X4. But i also being told (he says) that 2023’s will he announced in July!!!
WB

We also aren't getting any LVs atleast not between now and August

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I like the fact that they moved the instrument gauges to above the steering column instead of in the center. Has anyone seen what they did in the OEM location (center dash) for the Instrument gauges as located in the 2021 and prior model years? Is it a blank plate or cubby or _______ ??????

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
WB
There may well be 2023 sxs announced in a few weeks but I seriously doubt it's a performance machine, if the dealer is capable of comprehending his redline information, he would clearly see in press 1 for Engrish that a "multipurpose " sxs is on the agenda 😉

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Crazy how many things use the elusive semiconductor chip that there is a worldwide shortage of...
I dont believe that is the issue. the other side of our machine shop makes the front end machines to chip making and its slow

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a buddy determined to stay with stock parts to relocate the dash. So I was on here trying to see if things would work. See who is in the know. I have a 3d printer and gonna try my hand at doing my own. Looks easy enough to move.
If you have a 3D printer, it's an easy build. I'm a novice and have made 3 of them. Thingaverse website has the file for free. Just go to the site and search for "Honda Talon". You will find both the gauge housing as well as the blank plate to cover the OEM spot. It takes better than 24 hours total "print time" for both items but well worth it to make them. To me, the printer paid for itself with just this on item!
There are lots of YouTube videos with instructions on what to do and how to do it. Just need to extend a couple wires to allow for the relocation. Wire connectors & shrink-wrap are all that you need. Great Mod that can be done in a couple hours (after the printing is complete).

Reactions: a94cobra
A

a94cobra

Dec 28, 2021
TX
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
If you have a 3D printer, it's an easy build. I'm a novice and have made 3 of them. Thingaverse website has the file for free. Just go to the site and search for "Honda Talon". You will find both the gauge housing as well as the blank plate to cover the OEM spot. It takes better than 24 hours total "print time" for both items but well worth it to make them. To me, the printer paid for itself with just this on item!
I used that one off thingiverse. I added some more mounting points to it as well. As I was just getting started making things with my 3d printer this was a fun project. I printed it slow and it took a LONG time. I just used PLA. Probably not the best filament to use. I am talking to the original poster of that design. Gonna get some small changes made to it hopefully. The single mounting spot needs thicker bottom and walls. I practically broke mine putting it on.

This way is very sturdy.

IMG 20220529 121144853 IMG 20220529 124538188 IMG 20220529 124551829

Reactions: BobFarrell and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!