Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I just did a Google search.
In 2020 they had major manufacturing disruptions.
Screenshot 20220820 104607

Fox has several production facilities but shutting one down for 2 months had got to be difficult to recover from.
As part of that "recovery" they are moving form Kalifornia to Georga.

Screenshot 20220820 104926

Is that the real and only reason?
Who knows.
There are some big name companies that are struggling with the current economic conditions, I'm sure there are many many small companies that the big companies depend on in the same boat.

Notice, Fox is not saying that have a computer chip supply issue.
Also Fox is not manufacturing in china.
At the risk of sounding like some whack job lunatic, is it possible the main stream media lied to me?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can anyone give me solid info on why there are no 2022 Honda TalonX live valve on the market??? I've been waiting for 15 months, and no info has come out that I am aware of. Thank you for any solid info.
If you have been waiting on ONE dealer for 15 months on a machine!
shame on you! Need to pick up the phone and make some calls. Its all about how bad you want one? If your in no hurry, stick with just one dealer. It might by Christmas tho.
Might have to sette for a non LV and make it your way! I did that with my 21’

Reactions: Squeegee
P

Pan

Apr 9, 2016
Gorham NH 03581
If you have been waiting on ONE dealer for 15 months on a machine!
shame on you! Need to pick up the phone and make some calls. Its all about how bad you want one? If your in no hurry, stick with just one dealer. It might by Christmas tho.
Might have to sette for a non LV and make it your way! I did that with my 21’
To the best of my knowledge there are none on the East coast. I don't want to build one, I want to buy one. I have 2016 Pioneer, I'm riding, but this will probably be my last machine, I'. 73 years old and riding Honda atv's for about 43 years. I'll wait, but I would like a better trail riding machine and the Talon LV is my choice.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
To the best of my knowledge there are none on the East coast. I don't want to build one, I want to buy one. I have 2016 Pioneer, I'm riding, but this will probably be my last machine, I'. 73 years old and riding Honda atv's for about 43 years. I'll wait, but I would like a better trail riding machine and the Talon LV is my choice.
What I menat as to “build one” . Is you get an R or X of your choice and if u dont like the ride, upgrade the springs (custom) to your liking. Its very reasonable From places like shock therapy .
The shocks are the main diff in the LV. Make sure you like the way a LV rides before you buy. find someone who already owns one and test it out If u haven't already. To my knowledge there ain't any spring upgrades for those yet. Dont want u to have make the dreaded thread of
For Sale, 22’ Talon rides too rough.

P

Pan

Apr 9, 2016
Gorham NH 03581
What I menat as to “build one” . Is you get an R or X of your choice and if u dont like the ride, upgrade the springs (custom) to your liking. Its very reasonable From places like shock therapy .
The shocks are the main diff in the LV. Make sure you like the way a LV rides before you buy. find someone who already owns one and test it out If u haven't already. To my knowledge there ain't any spring upgrades for those yet. Dont want u to have make the dreaded thread of
For Sale, 22’ Talon rides too rough.
Thank you, but I started with a Big Red and have always had solid rear axles. The 1000 Pioneer rides better than the solid x's do, but I'm pretty sure that Talon LV will ride better than any of them. We have 1000 miles of interconnected atv logging road trails up here in Northern NH. I enjoy getting out and riding. Not hardcore, just like being out there.

advertisement
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you, but I started with a Big Red and have always had solid rear axles. The 1000 Pioneer rides better than the solid x's do, but I'm pretty sure that Talon LV will ride better than any of them. We have 1000 miles of interconnected atv logging road trails up here in Northern NH. I enjoy getting out and riding. Not hardcore, just like being out there.
I've heard people say a stock pioneer 1000 rides better than a stock Talon. I've never rode in a Talon so I can't say from experience

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've heard people say a stock pioneer 1000 rides better than a stock Talon. I've never rode in a Talon so I can't say from experience
Well I love my Pioneer, but it is a utility machine. The Talon is a trail riding machine. I would hope the Talon would ride better. But I can only hope and wait till one comes in to try it out.
Well having a P1k5 since 16’ (still do btw) it was base, stock shocks Then stock shock spacers then fox shocks then braket lift kit. removed that stupid thing 😂 then SATV arms front and rear, then updated springs for the fox’s amongst some other mods. I might say that My P1 rides pretty nice from where it came from. Then we added a Talon X2 To the stable. I can tell you, that thing stock rode and handled better than the the P1 stock and with My currant set up But it had this annoying back tweaking bucking thing going on no matter the speed or terrain but seemed worse going slower cruising, so bad and your fillings got loose. Asked a LV X2 (stock) like mine on trail how his was? He stated similar Maybe slightly better mainly cuz he could change the soft med stiff adjust on the fly but still said eh!
and so Remembering the difference @Tramguage1 Talon x that I drove with updated ST springs, So I set up and ordered myself a set for around $700 and was the best thing i ever did. That changed the ride in that machine 360 degrees of comfort and control at all speeds. Cant stop riding it. I bet that LV guy I met on trail would be like wow! If he rode mine now. Is there more I can do to to it to make it even better? Yup. Will I? Yup some day. But it in many ways it is most certainly better stock than my jazzed up P1. the only P1 thats better than my old stock Talon is My Buddy @joeymt33 P1 with a Snuff custom built long travel suspension. That rig will make you sit in the corner and suck your thumb. 😂

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That explains it! 😂
ever been to the TO with those stockers?
No not yet. But I have talked to a few people out on the trails. One group in WV had a Talon x and a Pioneer 1000. Said the Pioneer rode like a Cadillac compared to the talon. 🤷‍♂️ They was gonna get the shocks on the talon worked on. Like I said I've never rode in a Talon just letting the op know what I've heard. I know there's a lot of guys on here that recently went from the pioneer 1000 to a talon. I'd defintely trust their opinions. I wish I had a Talon but I use my pioneer around the house so much for work I can't justify having one. Maybe one day

@Pan maybe there is a fellow member near you that would let you test drive a LV. I'd take the advice of @Remington and look for a non live so you could set up the shocks how you want them. But if you're just riding logging roads maybe you'd be ok with stock ones. Unless there is a lot of wash board sections where you ride.

TOGR

TOGR

Apr 5, 2022
NW Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Hmmm...my stock suspension '21 RLV, with me not pushing it, goes great at 40 on rough, rocky forest roads that most Pioneers seem to be going about 20 on...

Reactions: Backwoods
P

Pan

Apr 9, 2016
Gorham NH 03581
Hmmm...my stock suspension '21 RLV, with me not pushing it, goes great at 40 on rough, rocky forest roads that most Pioneers seem to be going about 20 on...
Thank you, thats more or less what I was looking for. I'm willing to wait for what I want. I don't want to start altering it as soon as I purchase it. I'm looking for a good stock trail machine, and I'm a Honda person. Car, generator, snowblower, lawnmower, motorcycles, and atvs.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!